Any one seen redwood water pipes ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one seen redwood water pipes ?

Come to Sonoma Co, visit Gen. Vallejo's Home. He build the 1st water co.Still pipe on display! 1850 Circa
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Any one seen redwood water pipes ?

I haven't seen the redwood pipes in person but I have seen pine logs used for water pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Come to Sonoma Co, visit Gen. Vallejo's Home. He build the 1st water co.Still pipe on display! 1850 Circa

Ah that brings back a lot of great memories! I lived in Sonoma for a few years and have been to Gen. Vallejo's home. A good friend of mine got married there back in about 88. I miss the Redwoods.

Comment

AH, the plaza,and the music. Great to pull up a blanket and have a picnic. Wonderful ice cream near by, visit all the 2nd hand stores .
        And don't forget the church mouse. Have a customer off broadway,favorite service call.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

There are so many things I remember from living there. I was young when I lived there, fished for bass in all the local ponds, caught sturgeon and striped bass in the Napa River, hunted for pigs and blacktail. Drank wine downtown etc. etc. And actually had the best years of my plumbing career learning from one of the best from there. 25 years ago I thought I knew it all ahhahahha. I worked in Sonoma, Marin Counties doing service work but started in the city of Sonoma doing new construction plumbing mostly custom homes. Then moved down to San Francisco doing service. Those years I'll never forget. I could tell you stories you wouldn't believe. Was there in the 89 earthquake too.
          In 2003 decided to cash in, sell the house and move back home to Northern Minnesota. Bought property and a nice home for cash,,,, A decision I've never regretted. I also missed the North Woods of my younger years. The lakes and the wild woods. The memories of Northern California will never leave me but now I'm making new ones in a wonderful wild place in the great north woods.

Comment

After I wrote that post it reminded me of someone. Remember Jack London and all his trips from San Francisco to Alaska? And his home in Sonoma in the hills? Hey thanks for bringing me back, cool stuff.

Comment

Jack london, My Hero! At 15 He Captained His own Oyster Schooner. Lived on it with a 25 Year old mistress. Had Two deck hands that were grown Men! Don't Make Em like that anymore! We now have Boys at 40. My dad was a man at 15! Born 1899

Comment

Check it out ----> http://www.sewerhistory.org/grfx/com...pipe-wood2.htm
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                X