X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper backflow device for pool fill.

I'm doing a piping remodel on one of our school's pools. Besides running new supply and return piping for the skimmers I have to run a new auto pool fill. The Director of school maintenace thinks a simple vacuum breaker can be used to separate the domestic water from the auto pool filler. I'm thinking a Zurn double check backflow is the correct one. What are your guys take on it?

Re: proper backflow device for pool fill.

http://www.watts.com/pages/_products...ls.asp?pid=895
    This is what we would use here. Maybe the rules are more relaxed where you are though.

Comment

Correct high hazard = RPZ
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yep...high hazard spot on....I like the Watts 909 or 919...
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Thanks for the info. Zurn is made locally here so that is what is most available. I'll pick up a RPBV next week.

Comment

The pools I've seen around here typically have the autofill device dumping into a receptor with a 2" airgap, seems pretty bulletproof to me as there is no need for the fill line to be pressurized, this is of course assuming the pump room is above the pool.

Comment

I agree, a physical air gap would be best if you can work it in. It would be excellent protection at zero maintenance.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

In our area the air gap has to be inspected by a licensed backflow tester annually, I think they're afraid the air gap will get altered after the inspection.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                zero maintenance.

Mark
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  In our area the air gap has to be inspected by a licensed backflow tester annually, I think they're afraid the air gap will get altered after the inspection.

Thanks (Button) They don't do that here but it makes sense, and I wish they did...
                  Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                  You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                  X