X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease trap help...

Just installed a new Schier grease trap today for a dishwasher. Had inspection and everything is sized properly. When the dishwasher drains after its cycle it overflows the receptor. The recepter is a 2" standpipe and is 14" tall per code. If I were to reduce the outlet size of the dishwasher to 1 1/4" do you think that it will slow down the drain enough to keep it from overflowing? Any help would be appreciated. The standpipe increases by means of a 3x2 coupling and the drain is air breaked.

Re: Grease trap help...

Those schier traps have a flow re stricter on the inlet side that on the smaller models is only 3/8 at best. Unless you drill that opening out bigger, which then reduces the effectiveness of the trap, the only thing you can do is make your receptor bigger to hold the water till it can drain down.

Comment

I will have to look at that tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I've seen pvc ball valves installed on the outlet of the fixture drain so the waste can be throttled back. not legal, but it seems to work.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
        X