Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

    LOL thanks Pal
    The Plumber/Firefighter

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

      Originally posted by Flux View Post
      U r killing me. THat is sweet, looks like a half of tractor trailer but I will take it. Maybe one day . Just have to dream for now.
      The Plumber/Firefighter

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

        Originally posted by Flux View Post
        Flux that is the best organization I have ever seen. That looks amazing. Love the bins. Wonder how much that sets you back to. I don't know many who could afford the truck and the bin system. I am sure that is about 5000 or more. Thanks for the education.
        The Plumber/Firefighter

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

          Each plumber is different. You have to tailor the truck to meet your needs.

          For me, it's the Chevy Express 3500 van. Can carry a crapload of material and tools. Usually stays fully loaded....sometimes overloaded. Still get low teens MPG's in city driving. Can park it in an average parking space which is a huge deal for me. No one has driveways here. Maintenance costs are minimal compared to a Sprinter.

          I do, however, have to revamp it at least 3 times a year for my plumbing seasons. In September, I put all my heating materials on board. Black pipe, gas fittings, boiler repair parts. In spring, I gear up for drain cleaning and remodeling. Camera equipment, extra baskets of cable, large crates of pvc fittings. Then during the summer I put all the faucet and fixture stuff back on. It's a vicious and necessary circle but it works for me.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            I have an 01 chevy workhorse stepvan with aluminum body. Love the thing, has so much room and I can stand up inside. I only get about 10 mpg but I rarely need to make a second trip anywhere. BTW, cost 5k out the door.

            Nice. Is that a gas or diesel? I got a 92' GMC Forward(NPR) that I paid $4250 for and it has been awesome so far. I've always wanted a Workhorse, how reliable are they?
            Will Rogers Plumbing
            Moore, Oklahoma
            (
            405) 323-2852

            "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

            "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



            www.willrogersplumbing.com
            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

            "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

              Originally posted by Fred the plumber View Post
              Flux that is the best organization I have ever seen. That looks amazing. Love the bins. Wonder how much that sets you back to. I don't know many who could afford the truck and the bin system. I am sure that is about 5000 or more. Thanks for the education.
              The cool thing about Hackney is...you can configure the set-up to meet your needs. On their website, they feature a Plumber from my area who uses their system. There is just a ton of pictures on that website to see the different way to set it up...really cool.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                Nice. Is that a gas or diesel? I got a 92' GMC Forward(NPR) that I paid $4250 for and it has been awesome so far. I've always wanted a Workhorse, how reliable are they?
                Pretty good so far. It sat for 8 months while I was on deployment and fired right up when I came back. Everything is super easy to access and I like working on my own vehicles so this is a plus. It's a 10' body so I can park in a regular parking space. The engine is the chevy 350 which can be found anywhere but the intake manifold is custom from workhorse. I'd still like to install an air ride seat and back up camera but it's good right now. Let me know if you want to see pics as I don't post the pics on the forum....don't know who's watching.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                  Yea shot me some pics through a PM, i'd like to see it.
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

                  "Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

                  "We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"



                  www.willrogersplumbing.com
                  http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

                  "Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                    I'm thinking that the price of gas goes up much more and I'm going with whee lbarrows and roller skates
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                      Someone PLEASE come dump bleach in my eyes!!!!!!!

                      i just got a crazy vision of NH avoiding a pot hole with his wheelbarrow and skates, but what's really bothering me is the Daisy Dukes and the halter top
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                        Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                        Someone PLEASE come dump bleach in my eyes!!!!!!!

                        i just got a crazy vision of NH avoiding a pot hole with his wheelbarrow and skates, but what's really bothering me is the Daisy Dukes and the halter top

                        Missing "THANKS" button

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                          Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                          Someone PLEASE come dump bleach in my eyes!!!!!!!

                          i just got a crazy vision of NH avoiding a pot hole with his wheelbarrow and skates, but what's really bothering me is the Daisy Dukes and the halter top
                          This would be a great time for another conversation about Pancakes...

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                            Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Each plumber is different. You have to tailor the truck to meet your needs.

                            For me, it's the Chevy Express 3500 van. Can carry a crapload of material and tools. Usually stays fully loaded....sometimes overloaded. Still get low teens MPG's in city driving. Can park it in an average parking space which is a huge deal for me. No one has driveways here. Maintenance costs are minimal compared to a Sprinter.

                            I do, however, have to revamp it at least 3 times a year for my plumbing seasons. In September, I put all my heating materials on board. Black pipe, gas fittings, boiler repair parts. In spring, I gear up for drain cleaning and remodeling. Camera equipment, extra baskets of cable, large crates of pvc fittings. Then during the summer I put all the faucet and fixture stuff back on. It's a vicious and
                            necessary circle but it works for me.
                            I understand about the parking issue . The sewer machine takes up a lot of room I am sure. With all those supplies, is it organized? Some of the vans I see at the supply houses I don't know how they find anything. Do you ever think about changing? I get tired of bending over all the time.
                            The Plumber/Firefighter

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              Pretty good so far. It sat for 8 months while I was on deployment and fired right up when I came back. Everything is super easy to access and I like working on my own vehicles so this is a plus. It's a 10' body so I can park in a regular parking space. The engine is the chevy 350 which can be found anywhere but the intake manifold is custom from workhorse. I'd still like to install an air ride seat and back up camera but it's good right now. Let me know if you want to see pics as I don't post the pics on the forum....don't know who's watching.
                              I would love to see some pics. I think I might change my vehicle in the near future and I am not sure what I am going to do.
                              The Plumber/Firefighter

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

                                Originally posted by Flux View Post
                                The cool thing about Hackney is...you can configure the set-up to meet your needs. On their website, they feature a Plumber from my area who uses their system. There is just a ton of pictures on that website to see the different way to set it up...really cool.
                                Thanks for all the info on the vehicles and the storage systems. I appreciate it.
                                The Plumber/Firefighter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X