Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    I love my 2004 Sprinter, I have the long wheel based one with the high roof. I found if you take the sprinter to the Freightliner dealer and get service it is half the price of what the Dodge dealerships charge. The Dodge guys just look at us Sprinter owners as easy targets when it comes to service. A lot of the stuff I been doing myself since my warranty has long ran out. One thing that did p*** me off about my Sprinter is that I am getting rust from under the paint, and when I took it to the dealer since the paint and body supposed to have a 100k warranty. They told me it was not covered since I am using the truck for commercial use. WTH do they think people buy these for? Camping?
    Ratster, I filled my fuel tank yesterday and checked the mileage. 23 mpg with the truck loaded and lots of city driving. 86k miles and the mileage is improving. Thanks for the tip about going to Freightliner. Hard to believe it's half, but I'm sure willing to give it a try.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      l They told me it was not covered since I am using the truck for commercial use. WTH do they think people buy these for? Camping?
      Not to be funny, but they do have sprinters out-fitted for camping. They were actually pretty neat looking.

But the repair bill is why we won't buy a Sprinter, even though I like them. This one Plumber we know got featured in a magazine for his Sprinter truck, and I drool every time I see it at the supply house.

Comment

Geno, my Sprinter just hit 134K miles I am averaging 20 MPG. And about the Dodge dealers being a rip off They want 12 bucks a quart for the oil, where the Mercedes Benz dealer and frieghtliner wants $4.75 per quart. As for filters they want over 50 bucks for the fuel filter and 30 bucks for the oil filter. Here is a place I pay 32 bucks for the fuel filter and just under 10 bucks for the oil filter. Sprinter Van - 2.7 Turbo Diesel - German Filters
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER View Post
          how about..........
          Love this!!! I could live in there!!

Comment

at carrozza We had 3 of them all mid length sprinters got from elmherst dodge and same thing all 3 rusted out within 2 years and they would not repaint they paied to have them painted and all were under 100,000 at the time mine at the time was a 2004 the other was 2004 both mid length douly high the third was a 2500 and i avg. over 18 to 20 mpg city
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

We have used the bin system to control our inventory. This works best with a box truck. We have a box for sale in fact. You can view It here.

Comment

Originally posted by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER View Post
                Its an Izusu.Anybody have one? Top- notch baby..............imo.Sprinter has nothing on this.
                My 2006 Sprinter 2500 gets 20 mpg (loaded with tools, supplies, and pipe. And that's a combination of city and highway driving). How's the Isuzu compare with that? I imagine you could get a Sprinter chassis and put the Hackney body on it. Although I don't know it for a fact.

Comment

Now this is a Plumbing vehicle

Isuzu Commercial Vehicles - Low Cab Forward Trucks - Commercial Vehicles - Reach Commercial Van Overview
                  Will Rogers Plumbing
                  Moore, Oklahoma
                  (
                  405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                  http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                    I would miss the side door, but that IS a heck of a vehicle. I'm going to check into it. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post

At $67k it doesn't make sense for me.

2013 ISUZU REACH for sale in Fort Pierce, Florida - Commercial Truck Trader

Comment

I read somewhere that they are closer to 50K. 67K is too much for me. I'd pay 50K, but not 67K.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Name:  2e9316b5bd0dcd67ae700f7061f05858.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  352.0 KBName:  5654d47891ba72f4913648324f1c137c.jpg
Size:  314.0 KBName:  f49ce8a79ceaf4327397aa19a3458c5e.jpg
Size:  415.0 KBName:  1d869e1b9c2c39e04e80dda839eace2f.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  404.0 KBName:  ad8720f5c0bef4251c69c0777479e1c8.jpg
Size:  475.1 KBName:  51b21757ec4522f429cadcd46bb69c35.jpg
Size:  450.9 KBName:  88ac4fc278d6f7f4892cc40a8d6232d4.jpg
Size:  398.0 KB

Comment

These are pics I posted before, bout 2 years ago. GMC 3500 12ft step van. Bout ready to buy a new one. Got a price of $42,000 out the door, which includes taking all my shelves out, & installing them in new truck. I like lots of drawers, to stay organized. I have 210- 18" deep drawers.
                            Last edited by Don the plumber; 01-14-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                              Name:  2e9316b5bd0dcd67ae700f7061f05858.jpg
Size:  352.0 KBName:  5654d47891ba72f4913648324f1c137c.jpg
Size:  314.0 KBName:  f49ce8a79ceaf4327397aa19a3458c5e.jpg
Size:  415.0 KBName:  1d869e1b9c2c39e04e80dda839eace2f.jpg
Size:  404.0 KBName:  ad8720f5c0bef4251c69c0777479e1c8.jpg
Size:  475.1 KBName:  51b21757ec4522f429cadcd46bb69c35.jpg
Size:  450.9 KBName:  88ac4fc278d6f7f4892cc40a8d6232d4.jpg
Size:  398.0 KB
                              Don thanks for reposting these pics. I finally found a shop vac like yours and got it hung up a few months ago. It's come in very handy!

Comment

Working...
                              X