Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle.

I have an 2008 E350 Ford Extended van. It gets 10 miles to the gallon. I own 3 sewer machines but cannot carry my Speed Rooter 91 which I would love to do. I hear sprinters are nice but service is a pain. I really love the room of those box Trucks , they are square with lots of room but I am sure the wind grabs them. The biggest plumber in MD has a million of these, Len the Plumber . Just wondering what other people feel is the best choice as I need more room.
    Last edited by Fred the plumber; 05-14-2011, 11:17 PM. Reason: Add more info
    The Plumber/Firefighter

Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

I'm not sure we can truly nail down the best Plumbing service truck, as we all have different needs for that vehicle.

I have a 2003 E-350 cutaway van (Stahl) and I will never again buy another Stahl product. I do love the cutaway van style, but next time I'm going with a Reading Body.

I really like the Sprinters as well, but don't want to take a mortgage out to get the thing repaired. This one local Plumber was featured in a magazine for his Sprinter truck, and he let me walk through it, and I almost drooled all over myself with the way he has it set-up.

I also really like the Hackney set-up. IMO..they have the best set-up on the market.

Comment

Re: Best vehicle for plumbing ? Room for supplies, gas mileage and expense of vehicle

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      I'm not sure we can truly nail down the best Plumbing service truck, as we all have different needs for that vehicle.

I have a 2003 E-350 cutaway van (Stahl) and I will never again buy another Stahl product. I do love the cutaway van style, but next time I'm going with a Reading Body.
      I really like the Sprinters as well, but don't want to take a mortgage out to get the thing repaired. This one local Plumber was featured in a magazine for his Sprinter truck, and he let me walk through it, and I almost drooled all over myself with the way he has it set-up.

I also really like the Hackney set-up. IMO..they have the best set-up on the market.
      What is the hackney setup? I am very interested in how people set up there vehicles. You are right we all have different needs. I would love to see pics of vehicles they have and the inside of a organized plumbing vehicle. Thanks
      The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the plumber View Post
        What is the hackney setup? I am very interested in how people set up there vehicles. You are right we all have different needs. I would love to see pics of vehicles they have and the inside of a organized plumbing vehicle. Thanks
        http://www.hackneyplumbing.com/produ...2000_photo.php

click and scroll down the page.

Comment

how about..........

Comment

Its an Izusu.Anybody have one? Top- notch baby..............imo.Sprinter has nothing on this.
            Last edited by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER; 05-15-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              Thanks Flux
              The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Originally posted by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER View Post
                Its an Izusu.Anybody have one? Top- notch baby..............
                Izusu box truck? Diesel ? How much do they cost ? Maintenance ? Gas mileage ? Thanks
                The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

Its an Izusu.Anybody have one? Top- notch baby..............imo.Sprinter has nothing on this.
                  Wow , that is tough looking and plenty of room.
                  The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

how about..........
                    That looks like a Reading Body.

Nice truck

Comment

Close to 50+grand.
                      Last edited by TOP-NOTCH PLUMBER; 05-15-2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Close to 50 grand.
                        Best looking vehicle I have even seen. Ford make one that is similar with the very thin roof but It does not look as big or as nice.
                        The Plumber/Firefighter

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1...t_22705wt_1167

Drool

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1...t_10541wt_1167

One more...this one is neat.

Comment

I have an 01 chevy workhorse stepvan with aluminum body. Love the thing, has so much room and I can stand up inside. I only get about 10 mpg but I rarely need to make a second trip anywhere. BTW, cost 5k out the door.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X