X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joe the HACK

opened my may, 11 pm mag and who do i find? joe the HACK telling me to buy wb products. i don't think so. please. i called and the lady said that joe was a plumber. she was hostile that i called joe a hack. told me again that joe was a plumber. so if you want to know apparently any hack is now a plumber a wb. breid.......................

Re: joe the HACK

I kind of wonder why Wolverine would want to tie their pony to him let alone imply he is an American Legacy.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Why is he a hack?

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
        Why is he a hack?
        He plumbs without a license or sells himself as a plumber but is without a license both of these offenses would earn him the "HACK" title...

Comment

http://www.wolverinebrass.com/downlo...20P&M%20Ad.pdf
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

See, I see that as illegal, or shady, not a hack. Hack implies sub standard, shiatty work quality in my eyes. So, if he was/is doing plumbing without a licence but did to code quality work, that is not a hack, sorry, but that is not the definition of "hack". I have seen many many "hack" jobs done by licenced plumbers/electricians/framers/roofs etc. Not to be a dick, but unless you have seen Joes work, and have verified it to be of "hack" quality, you indeed were incorrect in calling him "Joe the Hack". If you referenced him as "Joe the liar" or "Joe the Scammer" or "Joe the Illegal Plumber" you would be ok in saying that, but again, you have no proof he was a "hack".

Comment

I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with them using "Joe" in that ad. I just think some are just butt hurt they didn't get the spot light like Joe did. He's not a union guy so they all went after him like stink on poo. I could go on but it would get this thread locked...

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I kind of wonder why Wolverine would want to tie their pony to him let alone imply he is an American Legacy.

Mark
                Why? Because he asked a question of presidential canidate that no one else had the guts to ask. Like it or not, licenced or not, it is an image of the American dream, making it on your own with out the help of others, without someone holding your hand and doing the talking on behalf of ones self instead of relying on someone else to take care of you. Joe found work on his own, he provided for his family in a way he thought was right. Yes, he should have gotten his licence, that I do agree, but I do see his side as well. If one wants to be licenced, what are his options... limited, you have to work for someone, you have to work your way up a ladder when in all honesty is rigged. You could pass the plumbing licence test with 100% score, plumb an entire house 100% to code with your eyes closed and yet you still can't get a licence with out passing through the "hierarchy" and to me that is somewhat flawed. In all honesty, why isn't there a trade school course, 4 years long, includes business classes as well as book and hands on testing that when you graduate you get a licence... why not, you all know the answer...

Comment

I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with them using "Joe" in that ad. I just think some are just butt hurt they didn't get the spot light like Joe did. He's not a union guy so they all went after him like stink on poo. I could go on but it would get this thread locked...

Knowing how the licensing works in Ohio, I was very disappointed when for the first time plumbers were going to be thrown into a good light, and when the main stream media dug into his past they found that he was working without a license. Meaning, none whatsoever existed, and he'd been a plumber over 10 years. When you hear of someone that works the trade for long periods of time without getting licensed, you have to ask yourself why, because it seriously holds you back on the monetary gain front.

Also, when the heat was on, he lied about his credentials which made it far worse.

It was a crushing blow to the profession and if he had been licensed, he would of not given himself to credibility issues.

They painted him as a chain smoking plumber, living alone supporting his kid with dreams of owning a business. That's it.

It would of been better off if the whole moment never existed. And knowing how he got dismissed heavily, I would never want that spotlight you think anyone would want.

I wish the best for him but the trade took a hit, just like that hansen file show here recently...
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

See, I see that as illegal, or shady, not a hack. Hack implies sub standard, shiatty work quality in my eyes. So, if he was/is doing plumbing without a licence but did to code quality work, that is not a hack, sorry, but that is not the definition of "hack". I have seen many many "hack" jobs done by licenced plumbers/electricians/framers/roofs etc. Not to be a dick, but unless you have seen Joes work, and have verified it to be of "hack" quality, you indeed were incorrect in calling him "Joe the Hack". If you referenced him as "Joe the liar" or "Joe the Scammer" or "Joe the Illegal Plumber" you would be ok in saying that, but again, you have no proof he was a "hack".

I see you're from Minnesota, so am I. I also read that you're not a big fan of licensing or how you obtain a license. I have to ask, are you a licensed Minnesota plumber? And.... do you do plumbing work in Minnesota without a plumbing license?
                    I was licensed in California for years. Then decided to move back home to Minnesota and had no problem obtaining my Master Plumbing license for this state. I was just curious why you think it's so hard to obtain a plumbing license here in Minnesota?

I also believe that "Joe the plumber" is a HACK by any definition. Just my opinion. I say do it legally, get the license or else take a hike and find a different profession.

Some of us do it the correct and legal way. We PAY our license fee's, we PAY our insurance and bonding fee's. We PAY for the extra education that is required. Those who don't are cheats and hacks in my book. Wolverine Brass using this bum in their ad is a disgrace to all professionals. I for one will not buy Wolverine Brass as long as they are using this hack in their ad's.

Ok I feel better now. See ya!

Comment

A person or company associating & aligning interests with dishonesty reflects poorly toward their character.

J.C.
                      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

If I can buy products from Wolverine Brass and make a profit then I dont care who they use as a poster boy or what they call him or what he calls himself. Speaking of WB I need to place an order. See you guys later.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          If I can buy products from Wolverine Brass and make a profit then I dont care who they use as a poster boy or what they call him or what he calls himself. Speaking of WB I need to place an order. See you guys later.
                          What products do you like from WB? Seriously asking as I have no experience with their products.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            What products do you like from WB? Seriously asking as I have no experience with their products.

Thanks.

J.C.
                            Tank balls,friction rings,cone washers,big orange flappers,closet bolts,tank bolts,etc.

Comment

nice sig tm

Comment

Working...
                              X