X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Bit Success Story!

This is probably the 4th time I had to use one.. I had a 3x2 why on it's back don't ask how the 2" going into the wye leaked..but it did.I took the ram bit to it.I have an older craftsman 1/2" variable speed drill and was very careful to control the speed .I did stop short of the hub about 1/8" and plucked the last bit out with a tiny sharp screwdriver . after I cleaned the fitting real good I primed and glued the hell out of it.I was thinking the ram bit would make a loose sloppy fit but just the opposite..I had to hub that bad boy in with authority..Wham! And it held for the stack test..I am thinking the one I used was a Pasco..But I have also used the Raptor brand for a 3" fitting ..Any others have success using Ram Bits?
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Ram Bit Success Story!

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
    This is probably the 4th time I had to use one.. I had a 3x2 why on it's back don't ask how the 2" going into the wye leaked..but it did.I took the ram bit to it.I have an older craftsman 1/2" variable speed drill and was very careful to control the speed .I did stop short of the hub about 1/8" and plucked the last bit out with a tiny sharp screwdriver . after I cleaned the fitting real good I primed and glued the hell out of it.I was thinking the ram bit would make a loose sloppy fit but just the opposite..I had to hub that bad boy in with authority..Wham! And it held for the stack test..I am thinking the one I used was a Pasco..But I have also used the Raptor brand for a 3" fitting ..Any others have success using Ram Bits?
    Yes they work great. As advertised.

Comment

Use them all the time. They work
      sigpic

Comment

I also use them, and they do just as they claim.

Comment

the ram bits do work. but they're slow and work by generating friction/ heat.

if you want a real cutter that is fast and precision, the wheeler/ rex bits are the best.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X