X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuvoH2O Home Salt-Free Water Softener System

i was up at 5am and stumbled upon an infomercial for a salt free water softener. knowing that their claims were all geared towards the non professional, i decided to call them while i sneaked into another room so not to wake up joey or phoebe in the other room.

what gets me is the phoniness and outright scam their commercial portrays.

they have a home improvement expert and the onlooker/ company girl in the garage of a 7 year old home. he's explaining why all the plumbing fixtures are damaged by the hard water and why they're ripping out all the fixtures, water heater, dishwasher, and even the salt based water softener.

but what's sent me over the edge and the reason for my early morning wake up call was when they showed the water heater element and how it's damaged by the water hardness and minerals in the water. guys there is a gas water heater installed there. even thought the venting was missing and only the draft diverter was still sitting on the heater. the gas control valve was also shown. so i know it was a gas heater.

then the fun came when i called them and asked for a price and the phone rep kept telling me about the product. 3 times i asked for a price. finally got the price from him. $29.95 to start and 3 monthly payments of $233.00 i asked for the replacement cartridge cost. $69.99 every 6 months. so basically i'm paying $640.00 for the plastic housing the cartridge fits into

after hearing all the sales pitch bs and false claims, i made it clear i was a plumber/ contractor.

eventually joey came into the other room and asked who i was talking too. a couple more minutes of explaining to them their false infomercial and he hung up

went onto the amazon web site to read reviews. of the 60+ reviews, there are lots of claims that some reviews are from first time reviewers and written by company friends and families.

anyone else have some real life experience with this product?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: nuvoH2O Home Salt-Free Water Softener System

No experience. Put a review or comment on Amazon if you can. Might help others.

J.C.

Comment

Rick, the Ca. attorney Generals office needs to get an education on why this is false advertising at best. Why not visit one of the associates with an I pad presentation showing this misleading advertising. It would be good to show a properly installed W.H. Also ,You and Maybe Mark, would have some new friends. Thanks for all the little people out there!
      Last edited by toolaholic; 05-29-2011, 10:27 AM.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Easy Water, Zeta Rod Et Al. These scams have been around for over a hundred years now. The Atty General will do nothing nor will anyone else. It is a scam plain and simple but then again if someone is stupid enough to buy this crap then by all means let them.
        sigpic

Comment

I've been in several customers homes that have these systems installed. Most of them convince themselves that they are working well, even as you show them proof that it isn't. Some people just don't like to be wrong.

Comment

i worked on a friends house several years ago. they had a canister around their piping about the size of a 3lb coffee can. i asked goss what that was, he said it was full of magnets and softened their water. well i had to remove pipe it was on and i opened it. it was empty. we laughed and reinstalled it. guess the magnets wore out. i would have to say that everyone that i have came across that has anything but a real water softener thought that they were making out on theirs. lol. breid...............

Comment

Rick, if you slam them enough you get a cease and desist letter from the lawyers. I have a dozen or so stashed in my files
              sigpic

Comment

let them defend their false infomercial with their so called home improvement expert.

not sure if i can find the commercial on the web, but it was on at 5 am.

ever see a heating element on a residential rheem gas water heater

how about their claims it's a water softner

read the reviews on amazon for yourself.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Please tell me more i just met with a rep from nuvo at ferguson on wed morning. They said it is a citrus based somewhere between a water softener and a water conditioner. Does not remove the minerals like a softener but rather flows the water thru a cartridge where it introduces the citrus in a metered way.
                  Some of his points were
                  1- no salt to deal with
                  2- will leave spots on glasses but not as tuff to remove as hard water spots
                  3-does not give the water the same feel as softened water
                  4-over 30 yrs commercial water treating
                  5-no backwashing needed

Comment

Attachment

Are you sure it doesn't inject small amounts of this?
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

He said the chemical (i forget what he called it ) doesn't remove the minerals like a softener would but combines with them to make the minerals unable to affect the water

Comment

So it doesn't get rid of spots on glass, doesn't make the water soft, and probably doesn't take sulfer smell away either. WHAT does it do for that kind of money? How can they not get someone for false advertisement? It's too bad so many people believe these things. Alot of hard earned money down the drain!

Comment

my guess is this is the info commercial you are looking at,
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

A softener is not designed to remove odor, just hardness. The rep we had definately stated it would not leave spot free dishes but there would not be tough to remove water spots.

Read up on water conditioning as compared to water softening. The rep said their's is somewhere in the middle

Comment

The rep has no clue what the device does. The rep is nothing more than a paid shill working for a bunch of crooks that in most other civilized countries would be in jail. Tell the dumbass rep that water softening IS water conditioning. I miss the good old days when you could run these con men out of town down the barrel of a 12 gauge.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X