X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a tankk lid

Anyone have any resourses for tank lids.. Nothing special American Standard..I have the model # somewhere..Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Looking for a tankk lid

Give these guys a call. They have a nice collection of old lids in stock.

Home Plumbing & Heating
    225 West Saint Charles Road
    Villa Park, IL 60181-2402
    (630) 833-8146 ‎
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Anyone have any resourses for tank lids.. Nothing special American Standard..I have the model # somewhere..Thanks

I have a selection of old tank lids. Post the model number and I will check.

Comment

Well, as you might expect, the premier source for tank lids is www.toilettanklids.com
        Expect to pay between $100 and $1000 for a lid, depending on how old and what color.

Comment

i pc or 2 pc. do you have a photo of the toilet or broken lid. i have a decent collection of lids.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

You guys selling lids now too? LOL

Comment

ir. i ain't bought a lid in years. lol. breid..........................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                ir. i ain't bought a lid in years. lol. breid..........................

Me neither, old school times. I used to save some old toilets and lids but the wife made me get rid of all of it. It's hard to throw away such beautiful pieces of art but I caved in.

Comment

Tanks for all the replies..Tank is 4083. Also another # T87 .And also R67 Aug. 26..Tanks again..

Comment

I have a dozen or so lids in the shop. But I doubt I have any American Standard any more. Mostly Kohler and Mansfield. Home Plumbing has a rack full of them. Last time I was there seen at least a few hundred lids.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Tanks for all the replies..Tank is 4083. Also another # T87 .And also R67 Aug. 26..Tanks again..
                      I'm fresh out of 4083's....sorry but I did check. Looks like they are selling for around 100.00 on the web. Goodluck.

Comment

At one time I had over 40 cast iron leg tubs stored behind my barn. The wife made me scrap them about 15 years ago.
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't really have a shop ..storage shed mostly and space is a premium..I have thrown so much out over the years it isn't funny.$100 for a tank lids seems like alot especially for something that isn't really that old.I can probably get a tank and lid for that..new..Don't know I'll try some local collector / packrats / hoarder and see what I can come up with ..
                          Last edited by OLD1; 05-30-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Had shorty's and the extra long ones too. Wives can be short sighted
                            sigpic

Comment

I personally know two people who collect and sell tank lids.
                              Helping you find and locate toilet tank lid stores whom have the largest inventory, selections, are the most knowledgeable with fair prices. As well as where we can guide you what to do with your toilets and tank lids, covers and toilet tank tops. (part of Plumbingsupply.com)

Toilet Salvage - Trader Tjader's, Salvage Operators, California (This guy is a manufactorer's rep in Northern CA)

And they are good friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X