X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Toilets

Do you save older/higher GPF toilets? For yourself or to sell?

Just curious.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Saving Toilets

A plumber can't sell used toilets in Minnesota and I have a Gerber Avalanche so I don't need a high GPM toilet. )

My sewer isn't that long either.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

not worth the hassle to me. however, i will install whatever the customer can find. lol. breid.............

Comment

Thats sick who would want to sit on a used toilet from anothers client house I remember selling a client a cheap toilet seat I had stored in my garage and she demanded I remove it as she thought it was second hand and no matter what I said she wouldn`t believe me.

Tony

Comment

On one of the remodels I did for Cher I sold or reused fixtures. The home had never been lived in but all the new stuff was being removed. As I recall, I removed and saved 4-vented Luxor water closets, 7-lavs and one Jacuzzi tub all in premium colors. I kept one water closet, gave one to my brother-in-law who was working for me and I sold the rest at the swap-meet.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I save tank lids and some tanks. American standard 4049 has made me a few thousand just selling the tank lids. I was selling 2 a day for a few weeks for about 90.00 each plus shipping. had one guy send me a $50.00 tip from New Jersey for sending him a green one because it closed the deal on a house he was selling.

I have about 50 lids now and at one time I had a couple thousand but downsized and threw most of them out except the more popular ones I had. I have a guy now that will buy any lid I have for 10.00 each and a couple times a year I sell him 20 or so.

Somthing else thats very popular and sell very fast is older american standard faucet handles with the screw on index buttons. I've made hundreds off those at 5-10.00 each. One mans junk is for sure anothers treasure and its fun helping people out as some really get excited when you have what they need.

Real money can be made with colored vintage china fixtures or cast iron leg tubs. leg tubs go for 500.00 in almost any shape and colored china also runs into the hundreds if not thousands per piece for historical homes.

Comment

I find they make great planters.....

Comment

I've never thought of that, but a know a couple of clients that wouldn't have minded a second hand toilet with higher GPF.

Maybe you're onto something.
                Atlantic Mechanical
                Plumbing Services We make sure a royal flush will always beat a full house.

Comment

some off the ones that i've installed have been for appearances. some because aaahhh, uuuhhhmm, uuhhh, ooohh (they work). breid.................

Comment

we used to save lids but storing them get's out of hand and besides, I sell toilets at a lot better profit. As for the entire toilet, hell no. Nasty things, roll em into the dumpster
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      we used to save lids but storing them get's out of hand and besides, I sell toilets at a lot better profit. As for the entire toilet, hell no. Nasty things, roll em into the dumpster
                      Might be cleaner than a 1.6GPF after one flush. Oh wait, I mean 1.28GPF.

J.C.

Comment

Give it a year, we'll be flushing them with a Dixie cup full of water, 849 times
                        sigpic

Comment

I have never installed a used toilet....except in the cases where the HO wants to re-use his/her own toilet after doing a bath remodel....even then, I find it disgusting.
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                          X