Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The best longest lasting 75 gal nat. Gas brad. Wht w.h. Model? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best longest lasting 75 gal nat. Gas brad. Wht w.h. Model?

Yesterday T+P weeping 1994 reem . never been flushed!. Brought ex. tnk. nipple.full prt.valve, Hose bibb adapter. couldn't believe the resistance on the old crappole junk stubb! Called Adam, Is this thing Pressed or threadedby chance? No Kevin But some, can snap?.Semper Fi ,BROTHER! Got It out. That,s when I felt all the rust with My finger! It's Time, for New! You have taught Me B. Wht. is it! Any suggestions appreciated! You're always there ! It means the world to be! Tool the Apprentice.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: The best longest lasting 75 gal nat. Gas brad. Wht w.h. Model?

Well tool, Your friends at Cal steam will take a moment Mon . Morn. to help You with this Info. Thanks Friends!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool I was going to write a responce but I thought I would sound like a smart azz. so I didn't. I don't belive there is a good 75 gallon water heater made for a residential application. If you get one keep the BTU low. There is a reason most water heater warrenties are only 1 year on commercial water heaters. I figure the higher BTU's must be tough on them. I'm a big fan of 2 40 gallon W.H. with a bypass. That is the perfect set up.

The reason I really hate big water heaters is me and a helper kill ourselves replacing the stupid things.

Comment

Thanks so much. My best cust. ,like family! Large Home. I need to stick with the 75 gal. only 2 people live Here, now, but We developed a whole 3 rd floor under on a big down slope. I will have plenty of help to place this. Appreciate You taking the time. You're about the farthest thing from a smart Azz , this community Has ! Tanks Tool

Comment

tool, why would switch to another brand heater when the present one has already lasted 17 years

not that anything new will last another 17 years, but at least it was a brand that had a track record.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

What You say makes sense ! I thought B Wt. was the best of the lot from all You pros., over the Years! Am I wrong ? Thank's for the reply. Kevin

Comment

I'd run with a bradford personally. but I've had great luck with them
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Quality of water is way more important than the quality of the water heater.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  Quality of water is way more important than the quality of the water heater.
                  I'm soo glad You said that! Beautiful home built 1981 all L copper No galvy. The cold nipple on the Die. elec. union was 50% blocked with rust! Is this normal after 17 Years! Should I look into some type of filter! I believe our water isn't hard. I will call the water Dept. Mon and
                  get some info. thank You.

Comment

Love the internet! Just went to the Marin Mun. Water District Website. Our water ,on average is 4 to 6 grains. No M.T.B.E. EITHER !
                    Thanks all, sorry for my little snarky comment ! But You Know about My low people skills , HE HE!, Hi Mark

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      I'm soo glad You said that! Beautiful home built 1981 all L copper No galvy. The cold nipple on the Die. elec. union was 50% blocked with rust! Is this normal after 17 Years! Should I look into some type of filter! I believe our water isn't hard. I will call the water Dept. Mon and
                      get some info. thank You.
                      Imo Tool...I think every home should have a water softener as it protects everything in the home that uses water. The only time I've ever seen the "need" for a whole house filter is for well use only. It's extremely rare in my area for public water to need a filter. I have no idea what California water is like, but my area has bad water quality in many towns around here. We have Boilers in the North east and hard water is a MAJOR problem for those boilers with domestic coils inside.

But I'm not a quality of water expert, but I think some sort of rust can form regardless of a water softener over the course of many many years.

Comment

I agree the quality of the water is the most important thing. Marin Water District has good water. I worked for them for a summer before becoming a plumber installing water meters. I sure don't miss some of those hills and roads for parking, but it was fun. It was a challenge trying to find some of those water meters as I remember. Sometimes they were two streets over, down the hill, etc. etc. I also remember the California tarantula spiders in the meter boxes!

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                          I agree the quality of the water is the most important thing. Marin Water District has good water. I worked for them for a summer before becoming a plumber installing water meters. I sure don't miss some of those hills and roads for parking, but it was fun. It was a challenge trying to find some of those water meters as I remember. Sometimes they were two streets over, down the hill, etc. etc. I also remember the California tarantula spiders in the meter boxes!
                          Thanks . Hillslides galore. As We say " Your house May come down the driveway to greet You some evening ! "

Comment

If I could get all the water heaters around here to last 17 years I would be a happy camper!

I install B/W pretty much exclusively. Good quality tank. Super quality controls. I install some State heaters when in a pinch.

All of my installs are on city water from Chicago. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the manner in which the water is treated here has changed a bit in the last 20 years. Between that and lower quality steel I've found most heaters only lasting 8-10 years. The Rheems from 12-15 years ago (before Rheem put their product in home depot and completely lost the plumbing distributors in Chicago) are coming up daisies recently
                            Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 06-06-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Swade that's great info. It'll be B. white tomorrow. I will have Him drain 5 Minutes each year. I always write the install date. Nearest holiday. So in magic Marker I'll write drain 5 Minutes every 4 th of July every year! So the new rheems aren't the tank of old ,across the board, or just ones coming out of H.D. ?

Comment

Working...
                              X