X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New water heater suggestion

Just a thought! Why not purchase a replacement anoid for each new install. Secure this to the outside of the tank with a plastic strap. Write down a 5 year date?,maybe
    to replace old one with co. Magnetic card. Also come once a year to flush. I think this would serve folks,yourself,and W.H. Well. Of course You'd get a calender pop up in Your computer to give the service call. I feel this would be wise. Please share Your thoughts on this. Thanks, The Apprentice.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: New water heater suggestion

Originally posted by TheMaster
    If your coming once a year for flushing whats the use of leaving an anode that might get used or might not....just keep a couple on the truck. I dont flush my water heater or replace the anode. So far its about 12 years old.
    I know our water is pretty good, now. But in Hard water areas, wouldn't this give some folks some more time?
    Just trying to learn,from You all . thanks. tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

tool, i doubt 5% of tank water heaters ever get flushed on a regular basis. the great thing about a tank heater is you set it and forget it. meaning they don't require maintenance for them to operate trouble free.

unlike tankless heaters that do require cleaning.

by supplying an anode rod and letting it sit there, you're pricing the cost of the heater more than the next guy and basically not providing anything extra for the cost.

now if you want to install a second anode rod and a ball valve drain, then you're suppling a bonus to the owner that's worth it.

i can tell you from my experience, the only way you're going to flush a heater on any basis is when you're at their house for other service.

i like to supply a washing machine rubber hose for the outside shed units so that the owner can flush themselves. indoor heaters require a garden hose.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I price in the first years maintenance on the install (just cover straight time), this lets me do a few things..
        - Allows me to collect the customers contact information to add them to my preventative maintenance email list ( I send out HVAC and Plumbing reminders, winterize hose bibbs , change Filters ect...)
        - The reminder emails generate added call volume when they go out and more importantly customers appreciate them
        -50% of the time I will get while you are here work from doing the annual on the Water heater.
        - I plug the warranty work into my schedule when time allows thus keeping my schedule balanced

win win...

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          tool, i doubt 5% of tank water heaters ever get flushed on a regular basis. the great thing about a tank heater is you set it and forget it. meaning they don't require maintenance for them to operate trouble free.

unlike tankless heaters that do require cleaning.

by supplying an anode rod and letting it sit there, you're pricing the cost of the heater more than the next guy and basically not providing anything extra for the cost.

now if you want to install a second anode rod and a ball valve drain, then you're suppling a bonus to the owner that's worth it.

i can tell you from my experience, the only way you're going to flush a heater on any basis is when you're at their house for other service.

i like to supply a washing machine rubber hose for the outside shed units so that the owner can flush themselves. indoor heaters require a garden hose.

rick.
          I needed to hear that,thanks Rick . I'll pick up a second anode for todays,and in the future ,sell a second.
          My customers arn't ones kicking tires.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            I price in the first years maintenance on the install (just cover straight time), this lets me do a few things..
            - Allows me to collect the customers contact information to add them to my preventative maintenance email list ( I send out HVAC and Plumbing reminders, winterize hose bibbs , change Filters ect...)
            - The reminder emails generate added call volume when they go out and more importantly customers appreciate them
            -50% of the time I will get while you are here work from doing the annual on the Water heater.
            - I plug the warranty work into my schedule when time allows thus keeping my schedule balanced

win win...
            I like that very much ! #1 You're a good bussiness Man #2 You're a good friend to Your customer ! Thanks, learning every day,
            I think We all do , till We graduate !

Comment

Working...
            X