Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $90 Costco Toilets

Geno
    if he plugs the new one up get him a wooden spoon and a hook to hang it by the comode

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      Thanks Flux. I have no idea about the Crohn's medicine, that's a personal decision on the customer's part and I assume they make the best overall decision. I won't install a tank style pressure assist toilet since I saw the pics of the exploded tanks. Even if the failure rate is one in a million it's not worth the risk.
      You're right it is a personal decision, but if the customer doesn't want to take the proper medicine to fix things right inside themselves, it's not up to the Plumber to make sure a toilet will flush solid bricks. I'm quite blunt with the questions I ask my customers if I suspect someone goes to the bathroom hard. I got tired of fiddle f*cking around trying to find a toilet that will work cause the customer is too obtuse to take their medicine.

I forgot that there was one guy here who absolutely won't install pressure assist toilets because of an issue with them in the past. I just installed another in a Bank the other day, and I have them installed in a Public bathroom ( 8 years ago) that gets high volume traffic, and no problems. There are much greater risks in our trade than toilets, but yet you still practice those everyday. Give it another chance Geno!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        You're right it is a personal decision, but if the customer doesn't want to take the proper medicine to fix things right inside themselves, it's not up to the Plumber to make sure a toilet will flush solid bricks. I'm quite blunt with the questions I ask my customers if I suspect someone goes to the bathroom hard. I got tired of fiddle f*cking around trying to find a toilet that will work cause the customer is too obtuse to take their medicine.

I forgot that there was one guy here who absolutely won't install pressure assist toilets because of an issue with them in the past. I just installed another in a Bank the other day, and I have them installed in a Public bathroom ( 8 years ago) that gets high volume traffic, and no problems. There are much greater risks in our trade than toilets, but yet you still practice those everyday. Give it another chance Geno!
        Thanks Flux! The Champion did the job. At least so far. Regarding the pressurized tanks I won't install them because if one explodes it seems to me there's a substantial risk of severe injury, potentially death, if someone's unlucky enough to be sitting on the toilet at that time. I perceive the risk to be low in all honesty. However, since other toilets flush very efficiently and there's no risk of injury from catastrophic tank failure I don't believe the risk / reward scenario favoring the pressurized tank when compared to an Avalanche or Champion 4.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
          I refused to install 3 of those kits about 2 weeks ago. I rebuilt the three toilets with conventional parts. 1950's American Standards.
          Yeah, I don't blame you. A 50's Am Std needs every bit of the tank to get a decent flush.

Comment

Working...
          X