GE Whole House Filter System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Whole House Filter System

Well this is my second one. The first one housing cracked.I am thinking I installed this well over a year ago. I looked at the filter through the clear housing and figured I might want to change the filter ..Boy was I shocked at how the filter swelled up on end end like a bad hemorroid..The other end was fine..Funny thing I haven't noticed and pressure difference even after removing the filter.I probably won't wait 1 1/2 years to change the next one..
    Attached Files
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: GE Whole House Filter System

im surprised there was no volume difference in your water flow. That filter is hammered! ......I have a GAC whole house filter that maintains itself, for the same reason as your pictures... I never changed my filters! I need to put my own house on a scheduled plumbing maintenance plan, i am the worst at that stuff. Glad to see i am not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by natesfun View Post
      im surprised there was no volume difference in your water flow. That filter is hammered! ......I have a GAC whole house filter that maintains itself, for the same reason as your pictures... I never changed my filters! I need to put my own house on a scheduled plumbing maintenance plan, i am the worst at that stuff. Glad to see i am not the only one
      Oh yeah go around and open /close all the valves ,change filters, right ..I'm going fishing

Comment

Ha.... Exactly.. I make distractions so i wont have to do my own home maintenance. I need to have a couple of man children so i can boss them around the house like my father used to do with me. Nothing like a father /slave relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Well this is my second one. The first one housing cracked.I am thinking I installed this well over a year ago. I looked at the filter through the clear housing and figured I might want to change the filter ..Boy was I shocked at how the filter swelled up on end end like a bad hemorroid..The other end was fine..Funny thing I haven't noticed and pressure difference even after removing the filter.I probably won't wait 1 1/2 years to change the next one..
          Good that you have a bypass you will need it when then housing breaks again. Clear housing are weaker than opaqe. whats the house pressure? By the looks of the filter you might need a 6 month service schedule, sediment filters are inexpensive enough.

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post
            Good that you have a bypass you will need it when then housing breaks again. Clear housing are weaker than opaqe. whats the house pressure? By the looks of the filter you might need a 6 month service schedule, sediment filters are inexpensive enough.

wookie

The filter has it's own bypass but To me they are not acceptable. House pressure probably 60psi. If I'm lucky..I don't have any filter in there right now.The ones at HD say they are only good for 3 months ..City water but that filter was toast and rusty as hell.I just couldn't believe the condition of the filter .The housings are crap though and every time I go to change a filter I cringe and wait for the explosion.Thats why I used heavy duty split rings and bases so I could tug a little without too much issues

Comment

Working...
            X