Plumbing supply house using Un licensed plumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing supply house using Un licensed plumber

That's nothing we have a plumbing inspector that give the name of a unlicensed plumber out when he gives home owner consultations and tells them they can say a few dollars by calling his guy
    Mike

Comment

I am not even gonna go there because any a$$hole can go to the welding supply, buy a welding machine,weld on a truck, trailer, steam piping, or structural job and it fails, and someone is dead. Electricians, and Plumbers ride the high horse of being licensed, but there are other trades that need to be that are not.
      Last edited by TozziWelding; 06-16-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
        I'm not a plumber, I'm just a home owner who does their own repairs when possible.

And I resent the looks that I get when I goto a supply house.
        I thought this was the professional plumbers section.

Comment

Grumble, Grumble..........

Comment

Originally posted by Rickytaylor
            Hello everyone
            See these plumbing do not only deal with just joining the water pipe or adjusting your tap so that you can get water supply properly but it also requires proper technique and experience a single mistake can block whole supply and as you know all pipes are inside the walls and floor, one mistake can change the look of your house, you need to break all that for finding the mistake or blockage. These are the side effect of Un licensed and untrained workers. Licensed plumbers are the members of good service providers and are skill full and they do not commit such mistakes.
            What's even worse is, Plumbers who "bought" their license, and are hacking up homes.

Comment

Most of the area's around me got rid of their Plumber inspectors, to hire outside companies for inspection. Or it's 1 inspector who does the building and Plumbing inspection. The reason for this was to save money on a boro/township employees.

The problem is...these outside sources do not know what they are looking at. They only thing they seem concerned about is Primer on PVC.

Not many true Plumbing inspectors left in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickytaylor
                Hi Flux
                See I agree with you that plumber who bought license can commit some type of mischievous activity but if you hire plumbing services from any authentic and proper company then chances of being cheated decreases and surety of getting good and appropriate service increases because plumber of such companies are honest and loyal to their services.
                Agree with you, but some of those Plumbers who bought their license in my area, have been in business for 20 years. It seems that their work has gotten better over time, but I think the reason they are still around is because they are nice guys and good business men. One of those plumbers told us flat out he bought his license, but never gave a reason as to why. Most have went belly up with a few stragglers left around long enough to mess things up in our area.

Comment

Here in Cali, you really can't buy your license and keep it for long, the CSLB requires you to get your own contractor license after 1 year if you buy a business. You cant inherit one from your dad either if he were to die and leave you the buisness, you can apply for an extension of the existing license for a year to keep the business going, but after a year you need your own.

Unless you buy a big corporation, if any individual leaves the business (partnership or sole proprietor) you need to get a new license for the company.

Not sure how journeymen cards work, and if that is the license people are referring about "buying."

How would somebody go about "buying" a license in your state where such a practice exists?
                  We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                    Here in Cali, you really can't buy your license and keep it for long, the CSLB requires you to get your own contractor license after 1 year if you buy a business. You cant inherit one from your dad either if he were to die and leave you the buisness, you can apply for an extension of the existing license for a year to keep the business going, but after a year you need your own.

Unless you buy a big corporation, if any individual leaves the business (partnership or sole proprietor) you need to get a new license for the company.

Not sure how journeymen cards work, and if that is the license people are referring about "buying."

How would somebody go about "buying" a license in your state where such a practice exists?
                    In Florida, you can have two companies under one license. So if I wanted to I could sell to someone and they could run a company with a differant name under my license and insurance. Kinda crazy I know. Also when I got my license 3 years ago there were about five ladies taking the test in a group of 25. Im sure they just getting to sell the license to the highest bidder. A license is just money for the state. You can learn more in the field in a week.
                    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Guys again a subject that gets every honest hardworking Quality Plumber Gasfitter totally pissed off. Over here the honest ones get screwed and the regulator sits by and watches. Too much paperwork to get teh dishonest ones into court. Like the otehr day I get a call from anotehr professional. Went into a SAFETY RETAIL STORE and nearly passed out. Got his CO meter out to find it ringing its head off at around 170++++++ parts per million. Seems we have five(5) radiant tube heaters installed venting into the shop. Tells the manager who tells him that he has had staff off sick recently( da....!!!) So then my mate tries to report the installation to the regulator. No idea what he was reporting or why. So the regulator is filled with beaurocrats who are totally negligent and incompetant. But wait theres more, this regulator has just been spending big bucks on advertising the seriousness of improper gas installations causing the deaths of two little boys. So what am I saying, the whole trade is stuffed through incompetance and the wrong regulators. If teh general public had respect for the tradesmen instead of how cheap they could get out of something maybe things would be different. Also it is teh Tradesmens responsibility to also be professional too. So this is my latest rant. Take note, there will always be hacks but then I just hope they get to meet teh coroner one day and see what savings they really made.

Comment

Oh yes, it is generally always about the money becasue we have been sucked into the game of cheap cheap cheap.

Comment

UPDATE!!! I turned them in and the County is actually going to fine them and turn it over to the State board for further fines. I just read another article in one of the many magazines that I get and it was about this same type of Crap. I think we all agree that we are not after the homeowners doing there own work, I actually encourage it. I know they can't do my job, or at least well. Its the people that charge for work without a license that bother me. This case with Ferguson, really got me upset. It is up to us "The Majority of Lincesed Plumbers" to Police our Country. I know that it sucks, but if you have something going on in your area. Squeak a little louder, but you better make sure you have your ducks in a row and are doing it the right way. Finger pointing usually ends up with a look into what your doing as well. I know that most of the inspectors here in Texas are on board, but have felt like their power has been taken away by Homeowners, and General contractors going around us. We all need to STAND UP for what is right, and start educating the Homeowner's. Here in Texas, if you find a water heater, that wasn't permitted. The State will make the contractor or whoever did the work, refund the entire amount to the homeowner and then fine the person as well. Justice is a slow moving Cog wheel, but it is moving. I AM ALSO ASKING ALL PLUMBERS TO DEMAND FERGUSON TO POST AN APOLOGY AT EVERY STORE FOR THE PAST VIOLATIONS OF OUR TRUST IN HIRING NON LICENSED PLUMBERS TO DO SHOWROOM REMODELS FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY. I FOUND OUT THAT THIS IS NOT THEIR FIRST TIME. LETS ALL SEND E-MAILS OF COMPLAINTS AND DEMAND AN APOLOGY. WHO'S IN????????
                          "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Working...
                          X