• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Empty old w.h. Faster ?

Why the rush. Hose.... trip to the coffee shop
    sigpic

Comment

i have not been to 1 home depot on the west coast that sells ridgid pumps.

but looking at the hd website. i would say the ridgid is identical to the wayne. so either emerson makes the wayne or wayne makes the ridgid.

adam owns the home depot pump and he's hard on tools. so far so good and for $80.00 plus another $7.50 you can get an over the counter 2 year warranty.

if i didn't already have a $164.00 pump, i would get the harbor freight unit.

my 164.00 pump burned out due to a defect in the fan blade. even though it was out warranty, the factory was very interested to get it back and send me a new one free of charge. i only paid shipping to them.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
        I like this one.....its slower but its small and fits on the truck well. I suggest staying away from H.F. junk.
        Wayne 1/10 HP Portable Utility Pump - PC2 at The Home Depot
        That's my back-up pump, but got it from the supply house. That little bugger got me out of many of jams..I like it.

Comment

This is the pump I use the Liberty utility pump Liberty Pumps : Utility Pumps works grat for the last few years I had it.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            This is the pump I use the Liberty utility pump Liberty Pumps : Utility Pumps works grat for the last few years I had it.
            How do you like the Liberty pump? I might have to try that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
              How do you like the Liberty pump? I might have to try that one out.
              They have been working out well for us. Their sump pumps are great, the ejector pumps are good and strong, I just do not like the tether style switch it uses. So I remove the tether switch and install a Pressure style switch like the hydromatic's use. The one we use is the Ion Switch Ion Nation, residential pumps, controls, float switches and more...
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                same one i have. they replaced it free of charge when the fan blade started to move and short out the windings. it was out of warranty and they were real nice about sending me a new one.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

THANKS A LOT GUYS. YOU GOT ME IN TROUBLE !!!!!!! I discovered a Harbor Freight 25 miles away !Yippie Kia Ah!!. Got the sister pump My two Brothers Have! Awesome ! What's in the Box KEVIN ??? " Well, It ain't Red Pumps for Your shoe closet, DEAR !"
                  Last edited by toolaholic; 06-14-2011, 12:16 AM. Reason: spelin
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    THANKS A LOT GUYS. YOU GOT ME IN TROUBLE !!!!!!! I discovered a Harbor Freight 25 miles away !Yippie Kia Ah!!. Got the sister pump My two Brothers Have! Awesome ! What's in the Box KEVIN ??? " Well, It ain't Red Pumps for Your she closet, DEAR !"
                    it's early for tool. so i'll translate

tool got in trouble from the wife. he found a harbor freight 25miles away and is happy

here's where it gets interesting

my 2 brothers would be adam and i the sister is the matching pump we have.

comes home to his wife asking what's inside

it's not the red pump shoes for your closet shoe rack

tool talk.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

what a Guy!
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

i have the liberty pump also. use it for glycol (400 gal on one boiler job) & to empty w/h . great little pump.

Comment

How about one of these?

Sure it's cheap and not a quality brand, but chances are sediment from an old heater will destroy the impeller after a dozen or so uses anyway, right?

Portable Utility water transfer pump works great 115V | eBay
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I just use a hole saw.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                              How about one of these?

Sure it's cheap and not a quality brand, but chances are sediment from an old heater will destroy the impeller after a dozen or so uses anyway, right?

Portable Utility water transfer pump works great 115V | eBay

aram, here's the problem with that pump. the rubber impeller will get eaten up pretty quick, the noise it makes will deafen you, and the duty cycle is poor. plus it only has 3/8'' ips water ways. pretty slow.

if you want to try 1, i have 3 in stock.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

The Wayne's have a plastic impeller inside, at least mine does.

Have had mine for 10 years now, without replacing impeller.

at a 10' lift this little bugger pumps 300 gallons an hr.

Imo..it's a solid back-up pump for water heaters.

Comment

Working...
                                X