X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Empty old w.h. Faster ?

In all my time I've never once had to pump out a water heater. Blow out the sediment with the house pressure and let her go. By the time I'm set up with the new one it's empty.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      In all my time I've never once had to pump out a water heater. Blow out the sediment with the house pressure and let her go. By the time I'm set up with the new one it's empty.
      Only time I use the pump is second floor installs where there is no near by floor drain. Run the pump hose outside and let it rip. Ones with proper floor drains I just do as you do blow it out and then let it drain while I set up.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

We pump out every single water heater.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i will gather up the crew and even take a shower.
          glendale puts you in a good location for all of us. maybe we can go indoor skydiving at universal since it's around the corner.

lets keep in touch and plan on a big day o fun.

rick.
          indoor skydiving? That must be one tall building. LOL.

I used to collect vibration data on axial fans and would have to be in the air stream occasionally. OMG! I used to sweat being hit by a foreign object in the airstream which was some ridiculous speed.

Do you know if they have filter racks inline to protect the users?
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

geno, i don't believe they have anything more than a heavy mesh screen. but they dam near strip search you before you get suited up. they have lockers that you store all your stuff in and they keep the key till you're done.

this is a newer design with the fans up in the ceiling and they suck the air, then recirculate and blow it down and around. anything falls below and it pretty much stays below.

the old original design from vegas around 27 years ago was the prop from an airplane was below you. anything falling into it and it explodes.

the universal studio one is all clear acrylic and everyone can watch. if i'm not mistaking it's 4 fans generating 800 hp. in a 10' diameter x 30' tall tube. here is a link to all the indoor centers in the world. SkyVentureCorporate Website - Tunnel Locations

iflyhollwood is the one at universal studios. not cheap, but lots of fun.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

This is the same pump I use, and it is awesome!! We use it for pumping boiler chemicals also. Great pump.
              Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              This is the pump I use the Liberty utility pump Liberty Pumps : Utility Pumps works grat for the last few years I had it.

Comment

Well I took the Harbor Freight pump and tried again tonight. Wash Machine hose in 5 gal bucket of water. [ Inlet port ] dribbles out only .pump was primed. I'll just get My $ back
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  it's early for tool. so i'll translate

tool got in trouble from the wife. he found a harbor freight 25miles away and is happy

here's where it gets interesting

my 2 brothers would be adam and i the sister is the matching pump we have.

comes home to his wife asking what's inside

it's not the red pump shoes for your closet shoe rack

tool talk.

rick.
                  Thanks, Rainman, but I think we got it.
                  I bet he's an excellent driver, too.
                  When you takin' him to Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                    Thanks, Rainman, but I think we got it.
                    I bet he's an excellent driver, too.
                    When you takin' him to Vegas?
                    I'm ready, ain't gonna miss a chance to Hang with You all.
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                    X