X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Shoes

Coming mostly from a construction background for years I found muself wearing boots. But lately I have been wearing tennis shoes . I opt for something with a bit of ankle support but are light weight. I can feel the difference when I come home at night. Don't get me wrong The boots are still on the truck but man these things are sweet.I was at sports authority a couple weeks ago and picked up a pair of Nike Air Max Full Court shoes. These things are like slippers and my feet are thanking me .A few of the guys on one job site I was working on were like ..Yep I am def. a convert
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Work Shoes

after the 2nd nail through my foot I went back to boots. You can get some very comfortable, lightweight work boots, Mine are Redwings but there's a bunch of companies making them. Be prepared to shell out a couple hundred though.
    sigpic

Comment

Love Redwings as well but after just looking at their website, it would seem all their boots are made in China.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Of course ..And the Nike's I'm wearing are made in vietnam.I have a feeling if we as americans tried clothing ourselves with american made products we might as well join a nudist colony.That's another topic though

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	f8b47991d8113dc0c7ad2abe0654a99c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	14964

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Nice!, I am thinking those are american made..still too hot for my tired old dogs

Comment

since i am in and out of finished spaces merril slip ons for summer mucker boots for winter.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Nice!, I am thinking those are American made..still too hot for my tired old dogs
                Those are American made and they breath really well. Last pair I bought was up at Fort Sheridan PX up by me many years ago.

Comment

Plenty of shoes / boots are still made right here in the US of A.

Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Mens Apparel
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    Love Redwings as well but after just looking at their website, it would seem all their boots are made in China.
                    Your Redwing retailer has a book with country of origin in it. All US Redwings are over $200.00. You can check out Weinbrenner USA or American Made Work Boots and Shoes - Over 300 Styles, Carolina, Chippewa, Double H, Justin, Matterhorn, Made in USA - Free Shipping they both have US offering .

Comment

The boots pictured are either danner's or belleville's. Both are excellent boots with the danner's being slightly better but way more expensive.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Danner - Desert Acadia® Mens/Womens Hot Military Boots - Mojave Olive - Boots
                        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        The boots pictured are either danner's or belleville's. Both are excellent boots with the danner's being slightly better but way more expensive.

Comment

check out Mcfeely's
                          They have a great safety shoe insert.
                          It's called Rhino-Tuff and sells for around $22.00
                          The insert has a stainless steel bottom to protect your foot
                          from punctures, such as stepping on nails etc.

I have a pair in my regular shoes and even in a pair of rubber boots.
                          The insert also has an amazing arch support and my feet are happy.

You may want to look at this to place inside the tennis shoes for
                          protection and comfort.

I do not work for Mcfeely's nor Rhino-Tuff!!!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	f8b47991d8113dc0c7ad2abe0654a99c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	14964

I had to laugh when I saw those boots because it's what I'm wearing for work and play right now. I did my four years in the Marines 30 years ago and now my son is in his first year of service. Last time I was at his base to visit I bought me a new pair of the summer issue boots. They're light weight and feel good on the feet.

Comment

Most work boots your buy off the shelf have a flat inner soul and the most important part of the boot is supporting the arch on the soul of your feet which helps to stop back achs and leg problems later on in life and that is why runners feel so good but don`t protect your feet from nails and other obstruction on work sites

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X