Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water logged Float on FluidMaster

Originally posted by Flux View Post
    I'm a fluidmaster guy, and I never saw a fluidmaster get water logged before.

Something has to be different with this ballcock, cause the float should still float like in Master's example.

I think you both make an excellent argument, but to me it seems you both have a different style ballcock, even though it looks the same. Does that even make sense? lol

It is rare to see a water logged float on a fluid master, but it does happen. Ever since the last thread about this, I been keeping an eye out for one. Came across this one a few days ago and quickly made video clips. When I see a Kohler one or a straight fluidmaster one like this I will make another video to show you.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Here is the second video. It shows me removing the the fluidmaster and the float was full of water. I then held the float under water in the tank to see if there was a leak, and sure enough I started to get air bubbles , when I pulled the assembly out of the water you can see the water draining from the float again. So I concluded it was a water logged float, and tossed the whole valve and replaced it.

Sorry TM I can not make one super long video for you since I was solo on this job and holding a cell phone and trying to work on a water closet is a bit harder than I care for. Maybe one day when I am not working I will go ahead and dig out a fluidmaster for you and have my daughter run the camera while I make a hole in the upper half of the cup and prove to you it can get water logged, with out taking the bottom half off. But unlike you I do not have the time to waste to prove a point that me among others have said in the past "WE ALL HAVE SEEN WATER LOGGED FLOATS ON FLUIDMASTERS"
      Yeah well you do that when you find the time. I'm sure others have found a float that was submerged as have I but the reason why the ballcock failed to shut off was not the float filled with water. The float filling with water is a result of the ballcock not shutting off and the refill is faster than the overflow can handle or the flushvalve tube is higher than the float.

So to close this one out.......the ballcock malfunctions THEN the float may fill with water because its submerged. I hope this is clear now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        Yeah well you do that when you find the time. I'm sure others have found a float that was submerged as have I but the reason why the ballcock failed to shut off was not the float filled with water. The float filling with water is a result of the ballcock not shutting off and the refill is faster than the overflow can handle or the flushvalve tube is higher than the float.

So to close this one out.......the ballcock malfunctions THEN the float may fill with water because its submerged. I hope this is clear now.
        I guess you did not watch the first video I posted. I pull up on the float and the valve shuts off. I just you are not man enough to admit you where wrong.

Comment

I guess you did not watch the first video I posted. I pull up on the float and the valve shuts off. I just you are not man enough to admit you where wrong.
          I guess your not understanding that the float will rise even if its full of water. Water will not keep a fluidmaster float down. PERIOD. Watch my videos!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I guess your not understanding that the float will rise even if its full of water. Water will not keep a fluidmaster float down. PERIOD. Watch my videos!!!!!!!!!!!
            watch my video, it stays down, I lifted it and it went right back down. I said your videos are invalid, separating the top part of the float from the bottom does not prove anything. Why not take one with a fully assembled float and take a drill and drill a hole in the upper cup and let it fill with water then lets see what happens. Floats with water in it and no air will no longer be buoyant anymore, it is simple science. Take a plastic cup turn it upside down push then keep it square with the water surface and push it in the water, the trapped air makes it want to float right back up. Put a hole in the same cup near the top. The air escapes and the cup fills with water making it not float anymore. I do not know how to explain this any simpler.

Seems to me no matter what is shown you just want to argue with the people you do not like. It is no secret you do not like me. I have seen the crap you posted about me on the other forum you hang out on.

Comment

watch my video, it stays down, I lifted it and it went right back down. I said your videos are invalid, separating the top part of the float from the bottom does not prove anything. Why not take one with a fully assembled float and take a drill and drill a hole in the upper cup and let it fill with water then lets see what happens. Floats with water in it and no air will no longer be buoyant anymore, it is simple science. Take a plastic cup turn it upside down push then keep it square with the water surface and push it in the water, the trapped air makes it want to float right back up. Put a hole in the same cup near the top. The air escapes and the cup fills with water making it not float anymore. I do not know how to explain this any simpler.
              The float has three holes in it. Two on the bottom half of the float and one in the top half of the float. The float fills with water from the bottom as the water level rises in the tank after a flush.

The water cannot overflow into the top hole of the float unless the ballcock fails to shut off. Even if the fluidmasters float does get full of water it will still float UP and if the fluidmasters seal will allow it to shut off it WILL shut off.

WHY do you think drilling holes in the top is the only way to fill it with water? Did the one in your video have holes drilled in it? You do realize those floates are in two pieces right? You think where they meet together is water tight? Where is the water line on the fluidmaster float after the ballcock shuts off? Its near the top of the float and the flaot naturally has water in it...... I have already did the same thing by holding the float under water and alllowing all the air to escape....I even took the float apart underwater to make sure it was FULL of water. It still floated and turned off the ballcock.

Comment

Anyone who has a fluidmaster installed in their toilet at home can easily do this test for their own knowledge and to prove fact from fiction.

1. Adjust your fluidmaster to a low tank refill setting.
                2. let the tank fill with water.
                3. Now hold the float down and let the tank fill to the top of the overflow by holding the float down and openign the valve.
                4. Once the water level in the tank gets to the top of the overflow let the float go.

You will notice that the cup will be below the water line in the tank.....well below it. Now take the float apart into its two halves.......this will insure no air is trapped in the cup.

Then re assemble the two halves of the cup together while still holding it all underwater. The fluidmaster will still be in the OFF position even though the float is FOR SURE FULL OF WATER.

Case closed........try it out and get back with me.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  Yet fluidmaster makes more then one blue top fill valve.... so your logic fails you again
                  What are you talking about? Care to explain? You thought it was an off brand and I simply pointed out that its an american standard branded fluidmaster. Thats obvious. Its in an american standard tank and its obviously a 400a. So what if fluidmaster makes more than one blue top ballcock....it would still be a fluidmaster. Quit trying so hard to trip me up...its not working out for you.

Comment

Anyone who has a fluidmaster installed in their toilet at home can easily do this test for their own knowledge and to prove fact from fiction.

1. Adjust your fluidmaster to a low tank refill setting.
                    2. let the tank fill with water.
                    3. Now hold the float down and let the tank fill to the top of the overflow by holding the float down and openign the valve.
                    4. Once the water level in the tank gets to the top of the overflow let the float go.

You will notice that the cup will be below the water line in the tank.....well below it. Now take the float apart into its two halves.......this will insure no air is trapped in the cup.

Then re assemble the two halves of the cup together while still holding it all underwater. The fluidmaster will still be in the OFF position even though the float is FOR SURE FULL OF WATER.

Case closed........try it out and get back with me.
                    I have a video posted in the very first post showing the valve not turning off. I lift the float the valve shuts off, I let go and it sinks back down and turns back on. So I proved right there and then with a video that the float can get water logged. Sorry I did not keep it handy to send out to a lab for you. Why not just man up and admit you are wrong. My father always told me it takes a real man to admit he is wrong, and when he is proved wrong he will be the first to admit it. The proof is in the very first video.

I am done arguing with you TM, I have not slept in a few days worrying about my brother, so do not bother responding I am putting you back on ignore. I took you off thinking you might have matured some but I see i am wrong about that.

Comment

I have a video posted in the very first post showing the valve not turning off. I lift the float the valve shuts off, I let go and it sinks back down and turns back on. So I proved right there and then with a video that the float can get water logged. Sorry I did not keep it handy to send out to a lab for you. Why not just man up and admit you are wrong. My father always told me it takes a real man to admit he is wrong, and when he is proved wrong he will be the first to admit it. The proof is in the very first video.

I am done arguing with you TM, I have not slept in a few days worrying about my brother, so do not bother responding I am putting you back on ignore. I took you off thinking you might have matured some but I see i am wrong about that.
                      If the fluidmaster float could get water logged it would be able to be re-created EVERYTIME.....not just when YOU make a video. this is nothign to do with your personal issues or problems and I'm not making it personal. It is simply about the facts. You cannot make your own set of facts no matter what personal troubles your facing.

Comment

"You cannot make your own set of facts no matter what personal troubles your facing. "

Talk about throwing stones in a glass house

It Sounds like this thread is now ready for pancakes.... Do waffles count as well?

Comment

Ratster we can put people on ignore?
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            Ratster we can put people on ignore?
                            Yes you can. Go to their profile page and you see a list of actions you can select. One of them is Add to your ignore list. Which will bring you to a page asking you to confirm it. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/pro...ignore&u=34134

Comment

I would like for ANYONE to explain to me why you can'T re-create a "water logged" float condition by filling a fluidmaster float with water? Please explain why that is?

Now if anyone has an idea of how I could fill the float with water without drilling holes in the top.....please let me know. IMO I have already made several videos of the float being filled with water....but if anyone of you here on the internet has a better way of filling a container with water other than opening it under water like I have already done.....PLEASE JUMP IN AND MAKE A POST. LOL

Comment

Funny all is see is...

This message is hidden because TheMaster is on your ignore list.

View Post
                                Remove user from ignore list

Comment

Working...
                                X