This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water logged Float on FluidMaster

What would anyone gain by being dishonest about this?

J.C.

Comment

2 people lost 2 hours of their life trying to make someone see their point of view.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        2 people lost 2 hours of their life trying to make someone see their point of view.
        Na man I'm watching tv on my couch. I'm about to go eat lunch. Its a great day.

They cant answer the question as to why one cant re-create the water logged float condition with a fluidmaster. The reason being is that its not a condition at all. That really irritates people I guess. The plastic float is bouyant even when its filled with water. LOL.

Now the real question is should I order hard tacos or soft tacs. lol

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          What would anyone gain by being dishonest about this?

J.C.
          People do stupid things. There was a sheriff that sent himself death thrreats.......HIMSELF. People are strange like the song says. I can assure you oif this....a fluidmasters float is bouyant even when its full of water......so you tell me whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            People do stupid things. There was a sheriff that sent himself death thrreats.......HIMSELF. People are strange like the song says. I can assure you oif this....a fluidmasters float is bouyant even when its full of water......so you tell me whats up.
            At the mere thought I could tell you something.

J.C.

Comment

How about we leave it like this. If you run across a Fluidmaster with a waterlogged float that won't shut off, change the valve, get a check and move on. Who gives a crap?
              sigpic

Comment

I replaced a waterlogged fluidmaster last Thursday. Found nothing else wrong. The float was heavy and full of water and would not turn off all the way. FACT, had one, FACT, it was waterlogged.

It would be in the best interest of this board if EVERYONE would just ignore the board clown. I just did, I've had enough of his garbage postings and holier than God attitude.

Comment

Please explain how I can fill the float with water so it will be "waterlogged" The float being full of water will not stop the fluidmaster from shutting off. I'm still waiting for ANYONE to explain why i can fill the float with water......what everyone agrees is waterlogged but yet it still shuts off. So In FACT you cant stop a fluidmaster from shutting off by filling the float with water.

You can make all the personal attacks you want ...it doesn't change the fact that you cant recreate a water logged fluidmaster.....because thats not the cause of the failure.

Comment

This message is hidden because TheMaster is on your ignore list.

Comment

I just made another video proving for a fact that filling a fluidmaster float with water willl not prevent it from shutting off. Stay tuned if you want conclusive proof. Its uploading to youtube now. LOL

Why???? Because I like to contribute and smash Myths and un-truths in the plumbing world. LOL I'm a super hero.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                        This message is hidden because TheMaster is on your ignore list.
                        Cant you add anything to the forum other than attacks on me personally? You see I made this video to prove a point. the point is that a full float of water will not keep the fluidmaster from closing.

Now you all watch real close. The float is apart and then I reassemble underwater to insure its full. LOL see ya laters and enjoy the show!!!!!!!

Comment

Well. looks like it's time for some research done by a disinterested party and believe me, when it comes to toilet fill valves you would be hard pressed to find anyone more disinterested than me, so though time is running out for the year I will see if I can reproduce definitive results that should put an end to this sophomoric discussion. Look for results around Wednesday or so.
                          sigpic

Comment

fluidmaster is the oem for most toilet ballcocks used today.

there are a handful of fluidmaster designs built today. and of course different designs for each toilet brand. kohler always seems to tweak the original design with an extended shank and even a side mount for the high end 1 pc. toilets.

all of the modern floats for the 400 design are set up for the sentry leak detector. the older ones were not.

i have come across a water logged float on a fluidmaster in the past. but that was from the older design. not the modern design.

i didn't bother watching the videos as i not judging either side. but there are old ones that will sink and new ones that will float.

i believe that the fluidmaster line of ballcocks are the best bang for the buck. they supply just about every toilet manufacture out there and they are far superior to the factory toto ballcock. i've had supply houses bring in fluidmaster ballcock specifically for toto high refill designs and now it's being sold as a direct replacement.

i'm so confident in fluidmaster that last count i had over 100 in stock.

43 post if it floats or sinks is beyond my wildest dream when i logged off this morning. but then again remember who we're dealing with

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

We use fluidmasters over here too. I also use Geberit as they have a better lower end rating which is required when dealing with rainwater tank pumps servicing toilets. I too have had water logged fluidmaster floats, swapped out and moved on. I have had valves that look perfect and leaked, only minor. Changed the washer and they still leaked. Swapped them out and moved on too.
                              As an observation do you guys all wear gloves when doing this work. Is there a pressing reason or other???????? .
                              BTW as said previously just move on guys, not worth the BS. I personally find this forum fantastic as I have said many times before. As old as I am I still keep learning and this is probably the most famous forum for good Tradesmen to come together and share. Leave the egos at the gate and just move on......!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hows does one go about Filling the float with water like the ones you have found? Am I missing somthing when I submerge the float seperated into two seperate pieces and then re-assemble underwater?

I would call the float full of water.....but yet it still shuts off. Explain that to me please. Anyone. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X