X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water logged Float on FluidMaster

Well I had a call water closet would not stop running. Its an American Standard with a Fluidmaster fill valve and the float will not float any more due to it filling up with water.

Last edited by SewerRatz; 06-12-2011, 03:45 PM.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Water logged Float on FluidMaster

Keep the camera on and take it apart and get the rocks out of the cup. lol I enjoyed the video. I already covered this in detail.

Comment

No rocks in the cup, and I am working on uploading the next part of the video. I just proved to you that the fluidmaster float can be water logged. Guess you can not admit you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        No rocks in the cup, and I am working on uploading the next part of the video. I just proved to you that the fluidmaster float can be water logged. Guess you can not admit you are wrong.
        Its impossible without rigging it. The black float has holes in the top and bottom. It will float if its full or not with water. I proved that and will post the video again. Thanks!

Here is the video of the float being filled with water and it floating to the surface.
        Last edited by TheMaster; 06-12-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          Its impossible without rigging it. The black float has holes in the top and bottom. It will float if its full or not with water. I proved that and will post the video again. Thanks!
          That hole you are talking about is molded through out the float, but there is a hollow cavity within the float and water can get in that part which in turn makes it water logged. It is common sense.

Comment

That hole you are talking about is molded through out the float, but there is a hollow cavity within the float and water can get in that part which in turn makes it water logged. It is common sense.
            Common sense is in the video I just added to the post. watch that video and you will see even with the float full of water it floats to the top.

Here is a couple more videos. I dont know what else to say or do. lol.

Last edited by TheMaster; 06-12-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Is that an actual Fluidmaster brand fill valve or an off brand? I think I remember a blue top fluidmaster brand but it came installed on an el cheap-o toilet and was not near the quality of a standard 400 series fill valve... Is everyone talking about the same model and brand of fill-valve?

Themaster I see you are still working on those social skills
              Last edited by OkieBill; 06-12-2011, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                Is that an actual Fluidmaster brand fill valve or an off brand? I think I remember a blue top fluidmaster brand but it came installed on an el cheap-o toilet and was not near the quality of a standard 400 series fill valve...

Themaster I see you are still working on those social skills
                That is an American Standard branded fluidmaster. Blue top. I see your still learning your ballcocks.

Comment

Yet fluidmaster makes more then one blue top fill valve as do alot of other companies.... so your logic fails you again
                  Last edited by OkieBill; 06-12-2011, 12:44 PM. Reason: Identifing a fult in someones logic yet again...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                    Common sense is in the video I just added to the post. watch that video and you will see even with the float full of water it floats to the top.

Here is a couple more videos. I dont know what else to say or do. lol.

Your videos are invalid all you did was split the two halves apart. The top half is still holding air under the cup so of course it is going to work. But lets say the top half some how got a hole in it which allowed the water to enter into the part where the air is trapped it will no longer float. Which is the case with this ballcock that I posted a video of.

Comment

Your videos are invalid all you did was split the two halves apart. The top half is still holding air under the cup so of course it is going to work. But lets say the top half some how got a hole in it which allowed the water to enter into the part where the air is trapped it will no longer float. Which is the case with this ballcock that I posted a video of.
                      You must not have watched the videos I made. I did everything you can do to the float. It still floated to the top. All three videos show a different way to try and make the float stay down. It floated everytime.

Your going to need to convince me with more than that short clip you made. But I enjoyed your posts none the less.

Comment

I have to admit, I've NEVER seen a fluidmaster float filled with water before.

But it's rare for us to install American Standard toilets, so I've never seen the "blue top" fluidmaster before.

Comment

Here is the second video. It shows me removing the the fluidmaster and the float was full of water. I then held the float under water in the tank to see if there was a leak, and sure enough I started to get air bubbles , when I pulled the assembly out of the water you can see the water draining from the float again. So I concluded it was a water logged float, and tossed the whole valve and replaced it.

Sorry TM I can not make one super long video for you since I was solo on this job and holding a cell phone and trying to work on a water closet is a bit harder than I care for. Maybe one day when I am not working I will go ahead and dig out a fluidmaster for you and have my daughter run the camera while I make a hole in the upper half of the cup and prove to you it can get water logged, with out taking the bottom half off. But unlike you I do not have the time to waste to prove a point that me among others have said in the past "WE ALL HAVE SEEN WATER LOGGED FLOATS ON FLUIDMASTERS"

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            I have to admit, I've NEVER seen a fluidmaster float filled with water before.

But it's rare for us to install American Standard toilets, so I've never seen the "blue top" fluidmaster before.
                            I install Kohlers myself, this was a first for me as well.

Comment

I install Kohlers myself, this was a first for me as well.
                              I'm a fluidmaster guy, and I never saw a fluidmaster get water logged before.

Something has to be different with this ballcock, cause the float should still float like in Master's example.

I think you both make an excellent argument, but to me it seems you both have a different style ballcock, even though it looks the same. Does that even make sense? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X