Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tough Inspections Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Tough Inspections

    joey the term us cowboys use is, hung like a 1/4 horse

    rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-15-2011, 12:09 AM. Reason: mark using his special editing privileges.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Tough Inspections

      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      joey the term us cowboys use is, hung like a 1/4" horse

      rick.
      I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Tough Inspections

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        joey the term us cowboys use is, hung like a 1/4" horse

        rick.
        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

        Mark
        Thank You!
        I love my plumber

        "My Hero"

        Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Tough Inspections

          Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Ok between 18 and 36" here
          IPC:

          Lip of box must be 34" above finished floor.
          Maximum distance to trap weir is 48".
          You cannot drill the 2"x4" stud to the left or right. Doesn't matter if it's doubled or non-load bearing.
          Have to be x pipe diameters from the trap outlet to your T connection to avoid "crown venting".
          You have to connect from the trap to a 3"x2" T or immediately convert from a 2" to 3" with a pipe increaser in the vertical.

          Not that hard to breach the 48" threshold when the trap is below the floor, fitting dimensions, and joist heights.

          It's all B.S. anyway.


          J.C.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Tough Inspections

            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

            Mark
            This time I think Rick was 100% correct in his assessment and explanation. No need for editing.


            J.C.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Tough Inspections

              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              IPC:

              Lip of box must be 34" above finished floor.
              Maximum distance to trap weir is 48".
              You cannot drill the 2"x4" stud to the left or right. Doesn't matter if it's doubled or non-load bearing.
              Have to be x pipe diameters from the trap outlet to your T connection to avoid "crown venting".
              You have to connect from the trap to a 3"x2" T or immediately convert from a 2" to 3" with a pipe increaser in the vertical.

              Not that hard to breach the 48" threshold when the trap is below the floor, fitting dimensions, and joist heights.

              It's all B.S. anyway.


              J.C.
              I'm glad we don't follow the 2009 Version.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Tough Inspections

                1/4"..... wow, did he break out a level and check each and every horizontal run for slope and make sure you were exact in slope and not a 1/16" off... that inspector needs to get off his high horse. That's complete bull crap and I'm not even a plumber. Almost all inspectors I have dealt with would be forgiving of a quarter inch... amazing.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Tough Inspections

                  Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  1/4"..... wow, did he break out a level and check each and every horizontal run for slope and make sure you were exact in slope and not a 1/16" off... that inspector needs to get off his high horse. That's complete bull crap and I'm not even a plumber. Almost all inspectors I have dealt with would be forgiving of a quarter inch... amazing.
                  Yes. I've probably failed more inspections than anyone on here.


                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Tough Inspections

                    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Yes. I've probably failed more inspections than anyone on here.


                    J.C.

                    About 25 years ago I was getting a final manometer inspection on a 13 unit condo with 26 bathrooms, 13 kitchens and 13 laundries all in one shot. Making sure over 100 traps are all filled and didn't accidentally get pulled because someone ran something was a pain. The inspector was the heating inspector who was filling in for the plumbing inspector who was on vacation. All this guy knew to do was to look for stray water, a caulked toilet base, and that the manometer held. He sat there for 15 minutes watching the manometer. (Really) and said it went down a little so it didn't pass. I informed him the test was just fine and that Bill (the real plumbing inspector) would pass it. So I would wait for a retest. He suggested we try looking at the manometer again. Amazingly it was OK that time. He really was a decent guy he just didn't know any better.

                    JC, Maybe your guy's the same way?
                    Time flies like an arrow.

                    Fruit flies like a banana.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Tough Inspections

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      before i was dating joey, everytime i came up 1/4'' longer, i passed with flying colors

                      rick.
                      Stop bragging Rick we are not all as big as you are as our women like a smaller one.

                      Tony

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Tough Inspections

                        1/4" ?!? Jeez, thats a bit of excessive code enforcement. My inspectors aren't too bad except for 1 but compared to your guys he's easy. Sometimes my inspectors won't bother going to the job site if its something small like a shower valve and drain...lol. Had one come out the other week to look at a 300' run of 1-1/2" galvy lp gas pipe in the ground. He barely looked at the pipe, only enough to see it was wrapped and just glanced at the gauge...
                        Ray

                        “Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

                        www.mauiplumbinginc.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Tough Inspections

                          Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          Thank You!
                          I'm pretty sure I know what was meant by that comment, but I'm staying far, faaaaaar away from that one.
                          Ideal Plumbing

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Tough Inspections

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            before i was dating joey, everytime i came up 1/4'' longer, i passed with flying colors

                            rick.
                            Thur at 8:00 PM ,Mark [ our Dad ] Is holding a Peoples skills class at the Cheeze factory. It'll Be just the 3 of Us ,I suspect !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Tough Inspections

                              Originally posted by mrsseatdown View Post
                              i guess that explains the 3/4" cowboy.
                              wow ,you must be from n.y. Like beth !
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Tough Inspections

                                One question,please ! What's a plumbing inspection ?
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X