Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tough Inspections

joey the term us cowboys use is, hung like a 1/4 horse

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-15-2011, 12:09 AM. Reason: mark using his special editing privileges.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      joey the term us cowboys use is, hung like a 1/4" horse

rick.
      I'm not quite sure what you are talking about.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

joey the term us cowboys use is, hung like a 1/4" horse

rick.
        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
        Thank You!
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          Ok between 18 and 36" here
          IPC:

Lip of box must be 34" above finished floor.
          Maximum distance to trap weir is 48".
          You cannot drill the 2"x4" stud to the left or right. Doesn't matter if it's doubled or non-load bearing.
          Have to be x pipe diameters from the trap outlet to your T connection to avoid "crown venting".
          You have to connect from the trap to a 3"x2" T or immediately convert from a 2" to 3" with a pipe increaser in the vertical.

Not that hard to breach the 48" threshold when the trap is below the floor, fitting dimensions, and joist heights.

It's all B.S. anyway.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
            This time I think Rick was 100% correct in his assessment and explanation. No need for editing.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              IPC:

Lip of box must be 34" above finished floor.
              Maximum distance to trap weir is 48".
              You cannot drill the 2"x4" stud to the left or right. Doesn't matter if it's doubled or non-load bearing.
              Have to be x pipe diameters from the trap outlet to your T connection to avoid "crown venting".
              You have to connect from the trap to a 3"x2" T or immediately convert from a 2" to 3" with a pipe increaser in the vertical.

Not that hard to breach the 48" threshold when the trap is below the floor, fitting dimensions, and joist heights.

It's all B.S. anyway.

J.C.
              I'm glad we don't follow the 2009 Version.

Comment

1/4"..... wow, did he break out a level and check each and every horizontal run for slope and make sure you were exact in slope and not a 1/16" off... that inspector needs to get off his high horse. That's complete bull crap and I'm not even a plumber. Almost all inspectors I have dealt with would be forgiving of a quarter inch... amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  1/4"..... wow, did he break out a level and check each and every horizontal run for slope and make sure you were exact in slope and not a 1/16" off... that inspector needs to get off his high horse. That's complete bull crap and I'm not even a plumber. Almost all inspectors I have dealt with would be forgiving of a quarter inch... amazing.
                  Yes. I've probably failed more inspections than anyone on here.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Yes. I've probably failed more inspections than anyone on here.

J.C.

About 25 years ago I was getting a final manometer inspection on a 13 unit condo with 26 bathrooms, 13 kitchens and 13 laundries all in one shot. Making sure over 100 traps are all filled and didn't accidentally get pulled because someone ran something was a pain. The inspector was the heating inspector who was filling in for the plumbing inspector who was on vacation. All this guy knew to do was to look for stray water, a caulked toilet base, and that the manometer held. He sat there for 15 minutes watching the manometer. (Really) and said it went down a little so it didn't pass. I informed him the test was just fine and that Bill (the real plumbing inspector) would pass it. So I would wait for a retest. He suggested we try looking at the manometer again. Amazingly it was OK that time. He really was a decent guy he just didn't know any better.

JC, Maybe your guy's the same way?
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

before i was dating joey, everytime i came up 1/4'' longer, i passed with flying colors

rick.
                      Stop bragging Rick we are not all as big as you are as our women like a smaller one.

Tony

Comment

1/4" ?!? Jeez, thats a bit of excessive code enforcement. My inspectors aren't too bad except for 1 but compared to your guys he's easy. Sometimes my inspectors won't bother going to the job site if its something small like a shower valve and drain...lol. Had one come out the other week to look at a 300' run of 1-1/2" galvy lp gas pipe in the ground. He barely looked at the pipe, only enough to see it was wrapped and just glanced at the gauge...
                        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          Thank You!
                          I'm pretty sure I know what was meant by that comment, but I'm staying far, faaaaaar away from that one.
                          Ideal Plumbing

Comment

before i was dating joey, everytime i came up 1/4'' longer, i passed with flying colors

rick.
                            Thur at 8:00 PM ,Mark [ our Dad ] Is holding a Peoples skills class at the Cheeze factory. It'll Be just the 3 of Us ,I suspect !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by mrsseatdown View Post
                              i guess that explains the 3/4" cowboy.
                              wow ,you must be from n.y. Like beth !
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

One question,please ! What's a plumbing inspection ?

Comment

Working...
                                X