Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tough Inspections

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    One question,please ! What's a plumbing inspection ?

Really ..all they do is slow down progress
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

30 years ago I went toe to toe with an inspector that I thought was unfair and busting my balls. After I finished screaming at him he calmly said these words to me. I have never forgotten them. " My job is not only to protect the homeowner it is also to protect the plumber. When you do things wrong you open yourself to a lawsuit. do it to code and you can never loose in court "
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        30 years ago I went toe to toe with an inspector that I thought was unfair and busting my balls. After I finished screaming at him he calmly said these words to me. I have never forgotten them. " My job is not only to protect the homeowner it is also to protect the plumber. When you do things wrong you open yourself to a lawsuit. do it to code and you can never loose in court "
        A few years ago I went toe to toe with the sewer authority on an inspection. The guy is hated by everyone...and he's just a miserable S.O.B. that wants to make your life hell. He pulls up in his van with a helper, and you're not allowed to use your own compressor for his inspection (wtf??). So he looks at me and says "you're just standing there..go to my truck and get the compressor".

I can't possibly type the words on this forum what I said back to him as I was in his face in a nano second. My father had to jump in the middle of us and my dad pretty much put him in his place short of throwing fists. It was a bad day that day...and the pr*ck is STILL employed by that township. Since that day, he won;t even look at me or my father, but boy he is the most arrogant pr*ck you would ever meet.

The best part of all this is....his sister is a customer of ours, and she hates him...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          A few years ago I went toe to toe with the sewer authority on an inspection. The guy is hated by everyone...and he's just a miserable S.O.B. that wants to make your life hell. He pulls up in his van with a helper, and you're not allowed to use your own compressor for his inspection (wtf??). So he looks at me and says "you're just standing there..go to my truck and get the compressor".
          I hope you demanded he show you in any code book, or city ordinance where you can't use your compressor.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I'm sorry ,but that call over 1/4" is ridicules. This person has some personal problems in His, or Her's life! Say a Lil prayer ,things will improve for this sad soul.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
            X