Things we dislike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things we dislike

Oh. And I also hate it when the the guy they had before calling me sold them every service they didn't need so that they don't have any money left to pay me to do the one little thing that actually needed done first.

Comment

I hate having to fix other people's screw ups and homeowners that think they know more than the plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
        I hate having to fix other people's screw ups and homeowners that think they know more than the plumber.
        Oh you can say that again!

Sometimes I wonder why a customer calls me in to do work, when they are more knowledgeable about Plumbing than me. Sometimes I just want to hand over my tool bag and say "have at it my friend".

Comment

aquasource shower valves. the lady was upset when I told her the truth when she asked about the quality.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
            I don't like these security devices......lol

YouTube - ‪proconsup's Channel‬‏
            As the video started I was yelling inside my brain "Smash that sumb!+ch!" followed by "OH, wait, NOT IN THE HOUSE!!"

They are supposed to take them stupid things off at the register, whats up with that??
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Today I had 5 valves to replace in a house, with the main valve being one of them.

This house is easily 60 years old, and only has 1 main shut off valve that needed to be replaced, cause the handle just spins and spins and spins and spins and spins.

Can't locate the curb cock, cause the f*cker is under ground somewhere, and I don't have a metal detector. Water company says they will be out sometime next week (freaking bums) and it ruined my entire morning. I also want them to put their key on it, incase it breaks, so we can have it taken care of right then and there.

So I hate waiting and depending on other people so I can get my job done.

Comment

Aside from all the crap materials we are forced to work with everyday.

Thanks to Home Depot everyone can be a plumber. Too many damn pansies in the business now. Wussies that gag at the sight and smell of a stopped up toilet. You know them, helpers that show up an hour late for work 3 days a week and then want to go home at 2:30. I feel privileged that they even graced me with their presence. No drivers license, no tape measure, no pencil, not even a pair of Channelocks...WTF?

Actual phone message in my voicemail:

"I overslept and missed the bus. Can you come pick me up then ride by 7-11 so I can get some smokes and a cup of coffee? I'll pay you back on Monday when I get paid"

Comment

I hate clueless engineers.

Comment

So then you hate all engineers...right?
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

The phone rings every time Im burning a fitting...that's what I hate..

Comment

was at hd yesterday. took a half hr to wade through all the various sharkbites to find a 3/8" compression t. Could not buy 3/8" soft copper tubing. Had to buy a toilet supply to cut off what I needed to tee a kitchen sink supply to a dishwasher.

there are a lot of things I hate, but, right now, after having to deal with two of them today, what I hate most is the dumbass and his protoges I keep following who thinks it good practice to dope up all p-trap threads with plumbers putty.

pex makes water taste like plastic.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

When I go to a home because they say there's water around the base of the toilet but it turns out someone can't aim.
                          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

How about pop up assy. for lavatory sinks!

Comment

Oh my! That sounds just right and then at lunch they want to bum $10 then at 2:30 when they want to go home they forgot to tell you they need off the next day and by the way "Can I borrow $20!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by patester70 View Post
                                How about pop up assy. for lavatory sinks!
                                Those gray plastic pop-ups are the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X