X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things we dislike

I guess it's whatever I hate at this particular moment. I hate having to replace a 10' section of rotted vertical cast iron between floors with cracks big enough to fit my fingers in, next Tuesday. I know it's all going to crumble in my hands when I start, snap cutters are out of the question. Hammer, sawzall and lot's of careful luck not to disturb the rest of it. And lot's of stinky poop crud all over the place.

Mobile homes, period.

CPVC

Customers who know more than I do.

3/8" angle stops

Razor blades dropped in a the wall through an old medicine cabinet slot. Who the F... thought of that one????? Sliced the crap out of my fingers the first time reaching down for a fitting I dropped in the wall.

People who don't clean their bathrooms, toilets, and expect me to touch them.

Disgusting people who can't pick up the cat chit and I have to be careful where I step.

Snaking a kitchen sink drain full of black goop and can't run water to clean my snake.

Dialectric unions

"can you just do this while you're here"

cheap basket strainers, I only install the cup type

Cutting off faucets with the sawzall

New plastic Delta faucets with the plastic attached water supplies (I won't install them)

I could go on all day but you get the idea

Thank GOD it's Friday!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      "can you just do this while you're here"
      Ahh the ole "while you're here" statement....lol

That was a nice little back and forth a few months ago on here.

Comment

New plastic Delta faucets with the plastic attached water supplies (I won't install them)
        Can you elaborate?

Comment

Go to truck then realize I don't know what I needed

Comment

Originally posted by LThompson View Post
            Go to truck then realize I don't know what I needed
            Made me remember another one.....

When you stash an odd peice/item in the truck so you won't forget where you put it and end up forgetting where you put it and need to search for it forever.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
              Made me remember another one.....

When you stash an odd peice/item in the truck so you won't forget where you put it and end up forgetting where you put it and need to search for it forever.
              OMG EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! I hate that!

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                Can you elaborate?

I've been plumbing for over 24 years and my faucet of choice was always Delta. Since they made the switch for the "low lead" and made their faucets pretty much 100% plastic I will never EVER again install another Delta, I'm done with them. I've emailed them my thoughts and that's all I'm going to do but I won't shy away from giving my opinion about them. Their new faucets SUCK.

Other companies have changed their brass to low lead, Delta decided to take the cheap way. No thanks.

Comment

I hate crawling under a farm house that has a dirt crawl space. Between the spiders,
                  mice and snakes, its usually muddy also from a leak....Ah.......the things we do for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Ahh the ole "while you're here" statement....lol

That was a nice little back and forth a few months ago on here.
                    Yeah but the fuc*in dumb asses always say it when you are already packed up and the ticket is written out ..Then they want to get free time outta you..Pisses me off
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                      Yeah but the fuc*in dumb asses always say it when you are already packed up and the ticket is written out ..Then they want to get free time outta you..Pisses me off
                      We got those slicksters up here as well.

Comment

I've been plumbing for over 24 years and my faucet of choice was always Delta. Since they made the switch for the "low lead" and made their faucets pretty much 100% plastic I will never EVER again install another Delta, I'm done with them. I've emailed them my thoughts and that's all I'm going to do but I won't shy away from giving my opinion about them. Their new faucets SUCK.

Other companies have changed their brass to low lead, Delta decided to take the cheap way. No thanks.
                        So basically you're against them for simply using plastic under new mandated rules rather than a more expensive option?

How is the economy doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                          So basically you're against them for simply using plastic under new mandated rules rather than a more expensive option?

How is the economy doing now?
                          The new mandated rules do not state they have to use plastic. Most all other companies are using a new low or non lead brass. Delta took the cheap way out, no thank you. I will not sell junk to my customers. I'm pretty sure the cardboard box weighs more than the new kitchen faucets do. I would be embarrassed to ever present such a piece of junk to my customers. I bought one to see what they were and returned it.

I don't know why you think this has anything to do with the economy. Delta didn't lower their prices for the plastic faucets, they raised them! Other companies such as Kohler made the change using brass and did not raise prices. My "go to" kitchen faucet for builders grade pricing is the Kohler Forte. This faucet is very heavy and well made and easy to sell. Less than the new plastic Delta's!!!!

I'll never buy another Delta faucet ever again if they keep selling this plastic junk. My opinion, AND my customers opinion. Delta you screwed up!

Comment

I have several of Delta's new faucets in the lab. I'd like to say they suck because you all know that I am plastiphobic when it comes to plumbing stuff but if I am honest and unbiased about it, they look good and appear to be sturdy and functional. Over the long haul, I can't say yet. As with most products, time will tell.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                              .....and then you can't find it and have to go buy it again. Then a few days later after you installed the new part you find your spare one right in front of your eyes in plain sight.
                              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Total Bullshi* ..Had a customer call me to change out a faucet she bought ..Guess where.This plastic piece of shi* was garbage and had 2 foot poly supply tubes that you either have to make look like a pigs as* or cut and use the plastic ferruls..Fuc* that ..Fuc*in shi*..Sorry had to rant
                                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X