X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things we dislike

I was thinking about this the other day, and wanted to see what you guys dislike.

Now we all have something in our trade that we hate/dislike doing, even though we make good money at it.

I'll start off..

I absolutely can't stand re-sealing toilets. I don't know why, but it irritates the piss out of me.

Re: Things we dislike

Different codes and there interpretations. There is no reason for it.

J.C.

Comment

jetted tub repairs.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Oh yea...got to add this one too...

I HATE trying to get the bonnet nut off a Delta Lav faucet, so I can put new guts in. WD40...running the hot water for a few minutes,...it doesn't matter what I try, the damn thing always seems to be seized on there!!! The Plumber before me has channel lock marks all over it...and I add right to it...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          Oh yea...got to add this one too...

I HATE trying to get the bonnet nut off a Delta Lav faucet, so I can put new guts in. WD40...running the hot water for a few minutes,...it doesn't matter what I try, the damn thing always seems to be seized on there!!! The Plumber before me has channel lock marks all over it...and I add right to it...lol.
          Ran into it today. Someone actually twisted the copper feeds into a pretzel.

Usually helps to loosen the cam tightener, heat, tap around it, then give it a wiggle. Curse too.

J.C.

Comment

I hate tracking down a second floor bathroom leak. 99% of the time its the kids splashing water out of the tub, but the customers are saying "Not my angels"
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i hate clipping down SS sinks. I have the tool for the clips but it still just ticks me off

Comment

For those bonnet nuts I use the sloan strap wrench that comes with the urinal flush valves. Give the bonnet a couple taps from the front with a channel locks and then spin it off with the strap wrench. I'd say it works 9/10 times for me, but when it doesn't they are a biotch

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
                  Have you ever tried a rubber disc used to open jars? I use them to remove faucet trim by hand. Doesn't work every time but it works. Delta should use grease at the factory,I use grease on all my new installs and repairs. But sure thats a B*tch because its such an easy repair if they come apart.
                  That's why I always hated Delta so much (recently starting to come around), cause no matter what I try...I can't get the f*cker off. Recently I was ripping out a Delta lav faucet, and took my torch to see if I could heat up the nut...and it still wouldn't budge! lol

I don't know how every one else getting those nuts off...but I would sure like to know. (man that didn't sound right...lol)

Comment

Originally posted by bartnc37 View Post
                    For those bonnet nuts I use the sloan strap wrench that comes with the urinal flush valves. Give the bonnet a couple taps from the front with a channel locks and then spin it off with the strap wrench. I'd say it works 9/10 times for me, but when it doesn't they are a biotch
                    I have the worst luck in the world with strap wrenches.

Comment

Repeatedly asking the customer for a progress payment.....
                      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Waterlogged Fluidmasters.

J.C.

Comment

i hate having to tell the customer that the contractor they hired is a jack of all trades and a master of none.

then having to tell the contractor he needs to hire a licensed plumber to fix his handyman work that the customer just spent a 100k+ on the remodel.

some appreciate the coaching, most don't.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Don't hate the work..It's the dam* loading and unloading that gets me
                            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My "plumbing" work is a bit different than you guys', however:
                              1. I hate telling someone they need a new septic system
                              2. I hate trying to track down a "sewer smell" for some picky old woman
                              3. I hate it when "I need you to come right away if possible" at 8 pm and when you get there you can tell they've been backed up for days

Comment

Working...
                              X