X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rheem Hybrid

These have been discussed in the past. Wondering if anyone has actually installed or serviced one?

I have a job to look at where this might be a possibility for an interested homeowner. Replacement in an attic. Problem is that the attic is a hideaway ladder type and I'm wondering how often filters & settings have to be dealt with.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Rheem Hybrid

Keep in mind it needs 1,000 cu/ft to breathe and there is a condensation line that you need to run into something or outside. The filter is washable and its lifespan depends on air quality and usage. There a good item and have a great warranty. I installed one in a garage. Keep in mind the height difference if you are replacing a 50 gal elec with a 50gal hybrid.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Originally posted by mpm View Post
      Keep in mind it needs 1,000 cu/ft to breathe and there is a condensation line that you need to run into something or outside. The filter is washable and its lifespan depends on air quality and usage. There a good item and have a great warranty. I installed one in a garage. Keep in mind the height difference if you are replacing a 50 gal elec with a 50gal hybrid.

So then putting one in an attic sound like a huge no no.....?
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        So then putting one in an attic sound like a huge no no.....?
        I don't know why it would be a no-no. The condensate drain shouldn't be too hard to get out an eve possibly and down to the ground. And 1,000 cu./ft. isn't that hard to get in many attics. So you would be pulling heat and humidity out of the attic as I understand it to make hot water.

My big concern is if someone would have to go up there and clean a filter every three months.

P.S. I still think the traditional "less efficient" heaters we've all had for years are best. K.I.S.S.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
        X