X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goin to see the scrap man today!

All loaded and chompin' at the bit. My one ton is low ridin' for sure. With #1 @ $3.70 and #2 @ 3.50, I ought to be able to cover the nation debt when they get through with me.

Re: Goin to see the scrap man today!

are you sorted in barrels?

how about faucets, tailpiecec, regulators, scrap brass. what price do you have on that?

my drums are so full, not sure how to get them on my truck

or just have them come to me.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I seperate everything..We were getting close to $1.80 lb for yellow brass
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

#1 & #2 are well over $3.00 here as well.

I'm getting very close to making a run down to the scrap yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          All loaded and chompin' at the bit. My one ton is low ridin' for sure. With #1 @ $3.70 and #2 @ 3.50, I ought to be able to cover the nation debt when they get through with me.
          Please ,what is # 1 and #2 ? Thanks
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

No.1 Copper Wire - Copper Wire. No.1 Copper Wire shall consist of clean, uncoated, unalloyed copper wire, not smaller than 16 gauge Equivalent to ISRI code Berry

No.2 Scrap Copper consists of clean unalloyed copper solids. May include clean, oxidized or coated (plated) copper clippings, punchings, bus bars, commutator segments, clean oxidized copper pipe or tubing free of excessive solder and light gauge clean, oxidized or coated (plated) copper wire but free of fine gauge hair wire. Should be free of excessive oxidation, scale, ash or brittle burnt wire.
            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Get it cashed in. We had dirt bags stealing our copper pile two weeks ago during the middle of the day. Wife heard pipes clanging and went out to investigate, chased off two kids loading pipe in trash cans

Comment

What is Mom doing with the cash ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Cashed out today, $300 for 4 water heaters, one bucket of copper and 2.5 buckets of yellow brass.

Had some old gas line as well.

Got one of the trucks finally open bed so we can use it again, cleaned up the shop as well as well as getting one of my helpers paid.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I thought I was properly sorted. But, when you delegate, you get what you get. How hard is it to separate clean from dirty copper, and brass from pot metal???? I bet with a few bananas I could train a chimp to do it.
                    First time I want to the scrapper was in '74. Had a truck load and the price was way out of line due to political unrest in Chile. The $500 I got then had more buying power than the $3100 I got yesterday has.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      What is Mom doing with the cash ?
                      Mom my arse. It's mine, mine, mine (and my brothers). This is one area where the old expression of "what's her's is her's and mine is ours" doesn't apply.

Comment

Mom my arse. It's mine, mine, mine (and my brothers). This is one area where the old expression of "what's her's is her's and mine is ours" doesn't apply.
                        We'll, You Buy us Breakfast this time on PORTOLA ! As My Beth says " What's thine is Mine , and what's Mine, is Meown ! "

Comment

Tool
                          Hold your horses. I'll be making pesto in a few weeks... after the bottles age a few days in the freezer, I'll take yours out and bring it to breakfast.
                          Besides, after my accupuncturist gets done with my wallet, I'll be washin' dishes. You're just going to have to get in line. Of course, plan B would be to sweet talk Dominic into buying. What say you, mon ami?

Comment

Tool
                            Hold your horses. I'll be making pesto in a few weeks... after the bottles age a few days in the freezer, I'll take yours out and bring it to breakfast.
                            Besides, after my accupuncturist gets done with my wallet, I'll be washin' dishes. You're just going to have to get in line. Of course, plan B would be to sweet talk Dominic into buying. What say you, mon ami?
                            BOOK IT DANO !! I'm sending a P.M.

Comment

Working...
                            X