Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parts Organizers?

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    I use that one for my copper fittings too 1 each for 1/2", 3/4" and 1". I also have 1 each for galvanized fittings and black steel fittings (1/2" and 3/4" in 1 container) and 1 each for small moen parts, delta parts, kohler parts, 1 for nuts/botls/washers/taps (1/4", 5/16" and 3/8"), etc. etc. etc. They're light and hold just enough for what I need on most jobs. I have about a dozen of them!

I use the extra deep ones that are about $7 more for my copper fittings. They hold enough for me to work out of.
    I'm set up the same way. It makes it easy to grab the entire box and take it into a house eliminating trips to the van. It also makes it easy to keep inventory properly. I have mine coded so even if a persons first day on the job they can at least go get my fittings. Their worth every penny,very durable. I've only had one break and I abuse the hellz out if them.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
      I have an aluminum enclosed service body. It's an 8' box on a 3/4 ton cab/chassis. I love it. I just wish it were a little bigger.

My next truck will be a 1 ton ext cab dual rear wheel cab/chassis with a 10' or 11' bed enclosed (either reading or Supreme/spartan).and DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL.
      I actually find the pull out drawers annoying in service bodies. they take away from storage space.

Let me know what you decide on Fux, I'm a super truck junkie!!
      I'm a truck junkie as well, and our next body is down between Reading and Spartan.

Out of the main manufactures, I think Reading body has the best doors in the industry that I've seen. I'm also done with steel bodies, and we are leaning very heavily towards an Aluminum body. The only problem with Reading body is....getting ahold of someone from the factory to ask questions. I live an hour or so away from the main plant, and I want to see these specific bodies up close.

Many Plumbers in our area have the spartan body. While they look much nicer on the outside than the steel body, I'm NOT sold on the whole fiberglass and wood idea.

I love diesels (never owned one) but my pop will fight me on that one...lol.

Me and Pop are both diehard FORD fans, but pop is pissed off at them right now, so he's been looking into GMC!

We just started this process a few weeks ago, but once we get something, I'll take pictures once I'm done with it, and have it on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        I have got to be the only person who doesn't care for this tote. I do have one, and I barely use it.
        I got six of them on one shelf for the cargo van(lame).Not for copperfittings.
        They fit the shelving unit great.
        1/4-3/8 compression fttgs + misc.mini brass and other plstc distribution tube.Fastners,Flushometer prts,cartridges

They will have to do for now till more space is aquired.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I got six of them on one shelf for the cargo van(lame).Not for copperfittings.
          They fit the shelving unit great.
          1/4-3/8 compression fttgs + misc.mini brass and other plstc distribution tube.Fastners,Flushometer prts,cartridges

They will have to do for now till more space is aquired.
          I figured for traditional vans they are nice for storing on shelves.

God..don't even get me start on compression fittings! Where I store mine at the moment is a mess!

Comment

Kinda off subject but here is my paper towel holder in the van.
            Attached Files
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
            X