X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Organizers?

Just wondering what kind of parts organizers anyone uses.

Looked at some by American Van, Northern Tool, & making some out of wood.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Parts Organizers?

Stanley Hand Tools-014708RĀ*Stanley Deep Professional Organizer

This is what I use for fittings. What do you want to organize?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Stacked clear Rubbermaid containers with the contents labeled on the lids all bungee strapped into a corner has really worked out the best for me...lol

Not sure If i could even operate with real parts storage as it may take room away from tools

P.s. The round multi compartment bags for PEX fittings has been great! (Thanks JC)

Comment

emerson also owns knaack. they make the best job boxes.

Knaack LLC - Secure Jobsite Storage Equipment

maybe josh can give you the super secret pass code for 50% off

rick.

also weather guard is good for the pack rat slide out bins.
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-29-2011, 11:33 PM.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Stanley Hand Tools-014708R*Stanley Deep Professional Organizer

Hundreds of things.

Looking at this.

Maxi-Stor Tilt Out Bin System - Bin Systems - Shelf And Bin Systems - American Van Equipment - Ladder

Or something like this.

Bin Cabinet, Bin Cabinets in Stock - ULINE

J.C.

Comment

I've picked up a few things over the years with American Van. They have always been good to us and their stuff is decent.

We are currently buying a new truck (another service body), and this one is going to be centered more around having roll out drawers for all of these small parts.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Me and pop both have the smaller version of the Maxi-stor and while it's all plastic....I have had no problems what so ever with it and I love it. . If you do go with that unit, just be careful where you install it on your truck.

Comment

Want to drool? I'd love to have something like this...
                Attached Files

Comment

Stanley Hand Tools-014708R Stanley Deep Professional Organizer

These are great,I've been using them for about 5 yrs......only 1 has broken out of about 10 that I have. They are making a beefy version of this box also,ran accross them at a hardware store.

Add> Here a link to the fatmax version. I do not own one of this type but it appeared to be well built also. I have the type gearjunkie posted.
                  http://www.stanleytools.com/default....onal+Organizer
                  Last edited by TheMaster; 06-30-2011, 09:14 AM. Reason: To add a link with pic

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Want to drool? I'd love to have something like this...
                    That's a very nice service body! Is that stainless?

If fuel mileage wasn't an issue I'd try and have something like that. As it is I simply installed Aluminum shelving in my van. I filled up the day before yesterday and got 23.9 mpg (diesel) truck loaded and driving normally in city and some highway. The warm weather helps the mileage I've noticed.
                    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                      That's a very nice service body! Is that stainless?

If fuel mileage wasn't an issue I'd try and have something like that. As it is I simply installed Aluminum shelving in my van. I filled up the day before yesterday and got 23.9 mpg (diesel) truck loaded and driving normally in city and some highway. The warm weather helps the mileage I've noticed.
                      The enclosed service body pictured is ALL Aluminum.

We are currently in the middle of buying a new work truck (enclosed service body), and we are sitting with a price of $13,000 / $14,000 (list price) for a Reading Aluminum body...and if I had to guess, this body pictured has to be close to $20,000. This company "claims" they are not far off from the big manufactures in pricing, but I find that very hard to believe by the prices I see for some of their stuff on their website. Those pull out drawers are the best I've seen to date! This company will make pull out drawers for any truck body according to customers specs, and ship them out.

I normally keep a very well organized truck, but lately my truck looks like a bomb went off in it, and I'm tired of it. So I'm leaning heavily towards pull out drawers.

Comment

Stanley Hand Tools-014708R Stanley Deep Professional Organizer

I use the same tote for my 1/2" copper fittings and it works great.. For 3/4" they just dont hold enough for me..I am organizationally challenged but getting better
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                          I use the same tote for my 1/2" copper fittings and it works great.. For 3/4" they just dont hold enough for me..I am organizationally challenged but getting better
                          I have got to be the only person who doesn't care for this tote. I do have one, and I barely use it.

Comment

The enclosed service body pictured is ALL Aluminum.

We are currently in the middle of buying a new work truck (enclosed service body), and we are sitting with a price of $13,000 / $14,000 (list price) for a Reading Aluminum body...and if I had to guess, this body pictured has to be close to $20,000. This company "claims" they are not far off from the big manufactures in pricing, but I find that very hard to believe by the prices I see for some of their stuff on their website. Those pull out drawers are the best I've seen to date! This company will make pull out drawers for any truck body according to customers specs, and ship them out.

I normally keep a very well organized truck, but lately my truck looks like a bomb went off in it, and I'm tired of it. So I'm leaning heavily towards pull out drawers.

I have an aluminum enclosed service body. It's an 8' box on a 3/4 ton cab/chassis. I love it. I just wish it were a little bigger.

My next truck will be a 1 ton ext cab dual rear wheel cab/chassis with a 10' or 11' bed enclosed (either reading or Supreme/spartan).and DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL.
                            I actually find the pull out drawers annoying in service bodies. they take away from storage space.

Let me know what you decide on Fux, I'm a super truck junkie!!

Comment

I have got to be the only person who doesn't care for this tote. I do have one, and I barely use it.
                              I use that one for my copper fittings too 1 each for 1/2", 3/4" and 1". I also have 1 each for galvanized fittings and black steel fittings (1/2" and 3/4" in 1 container) and 1 each for small moen parts, delta parts, kohler parts, 1 for nuts/botls/washers/taps (1/4", 5/16" and 3/8"), etc. etc. etc. They're light and hold just enough for what I need on most jobs. I have about a dozen of them!

I use the extra deep ones that are about $7 more for my copper fittings. They hold enough for me to work out of.

Comment

Working...
                              X