Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manometers

Gas LPG Propane Manifold Pressure Gauge Manometer HVAC | eBay

I have the old style .Basically the u tube with the scale.I am thinking 15" water column..I would like to try one of these. I am figuring then I won't have to deal with the fluid , spillages, etc.But what can brake on a column monometer...Do the digital models need to be sent out and calibrated as well? Thanks
    Last edited by OLD1; 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM. Reason: half asleep
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Manometers

I use the yellow jacket version of the one you linked. wish i'd gotten the digital because of the tight tolerances on some of the tankless water heaters I work on. For most applications though the one you linked is perfect.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

i also have a yellow jacket and also have a u tube
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Dwyer-Direct.com | Total Instrument Solution=

I am also thinking of another Dwyer..They seem cheap enough .I don't really need a digital yet..Do the digitals need calibration??
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Any measuring device requires periodic calibration. Remember...the definition of calibration is to compare the unit under test with a known item of greater accuracy.
          It does not imply that any adjustments are done....only if necessary. Digital measuring equipment may be inherently stable, but there are sensors which can be bad or internal circuit failures.

Comment

have the same unit labeled by yellow jacket. problem is the needle sticks.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I used to use a guage style manometer. Had a couple furnaces that needed to be adjusted on manifold pressure only to realize it was an odd pattern that was developing. Turned out my guage had "gone" and I had made incorrect adjustments. I immediately bought a u-tube manometer which will never need callibration, went back and corrected my errors and have not used a guage style manometer since. Well I do have a 0# to 5# guage I use on occasion to check larger systems as most buildings are supplied at least 2# now.

Comment

Hi guys. I uase a digital manometer from TPI. Fantastic unit. Secret is keep it safe, dry and NEVER EVER lend it to anyone else. Also have a soft plastic u-tube manometer. Good for instant readings on gas lines when testing. digital too sensitive to temperature changes. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X