X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closet Bolts

You get so tired of the bolts flopping around when you are trying to set toilets ..right?? I am trying to find a nice brand that has thin enough bolts that you can bolt it down to the flange..The little plastic slip washers suck sometimes too..I like a good heavy bolt .Atleast 5/16" , not the skinny bullshi* ones you often find that you can almost snap off by hand ..So what are your preferences..Thanks
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Closet Bolts

Thanks I will google wolverine brass. I though they came up a few topics ago..

Comment

4 nuts and washers to each set of bolts are a necessity.

Comment

http://www.wolverinebrass.com/downlo...20&%20Tank.pdf

Agreed ..tell some manufacturers that though..I am looking at the # 59449 bolts..Sure I could just go out and buy some thin brass nuts and keep em' on the truck
        Last edited by OLD1; 07-09-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

How easy is it to order from those guys .Their web site looks pretty out of date..Looks like they have a great selection of parts though..

Comment

http://www.wolverinebrass.com/downlo...se%20Bibbs.pdf

I really like these too..Gotta get me some of those

Comment

Sorry just had to bump that thread

Comment

I keep werthers stocked in the truck..I wanted to keep my thread going not san jose plumbings ..They can press on

Comment

My father used to buy the nuts, closet bolts and washers in bulk boxes. If I recall 250 per box. It was nice go to box 1 grab 4 nuts, box 2 grab 4 washers and box 3 2 bolts and you are all set.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have some of these somewhere. Haven't had a chance to use them yet. Wondering about odd heights and the floor underneath hitting before things get tight.

Have to find them first! (SetFast with video)

RJS Tech, LLC

J.C.

Comment

I make an occasional stocking order with Harvey's and by doing so I can avail myself of their entire catalog. Makes it easier to get exactly what I want in the quantities I want.

Comment

I ALWAYS bolt my toilet bolts down to the flange. It does 2 things for you...

1. Doesn't move around when you're trying to set a toilet.

2. The next guy behind you who has to remove the toilet, won't have a problem getting the nuts off.

Comment

How do those #51446 fast set self adjusting closet bolts work? I see them in the picture but still don't get how they work without cutting the bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                            http://www.wolverinebrass.com/downlo...20&%20Tank.pdf

Agreed ..tell some manufacturers that though..I am looking at the # 59449 bolts..Sure I could just go out and buy some thin brass nuts and keep em' on the truck
                            That's what I do just buy extra nuts and washers....then no problems
                            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              I have some of these somewhere. Haven't had a chance to use them yet. Wondering about odd heights and the floor underneath hitting before things get tight.

Have to find them first! (SetFast with video)

RJS Tech, LLC

J.C.

I'm gonna try em'..The johnny bar looks cool too

Comment

Working...
                              X