X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sink faucet side spray

A customer of mine called Thursday about a dripping side spray on a kitchen faucet. Got there and saw the drip, turned on the faucet and activated the spray. When I let go it wouldn't divert back to the main spout. Fiddled with it and got it to divert. Told the kitchen staff that I'd call the manufacturer (Dornbracht) and have a new one Red Labeled that afternoon, and that they should have a new one by late Friday.
    I call Dornbracht in Georgia and they say they don't have any of the model in question in stock and that Germany is showing one in Chrome that I can have in 5 days. Great! I need one in Matte. Special finishs on parts are at least 16 weeks out. Can't leave a drip for that long. And, the hose thread is not standard. So, I call around to see if any of the local showrooms have one on display. I find the one I want at a place that I have an account and they agree to give it to me on loan (until Dornbracht can ship one). I drive 20 miles round trip and stick the new side spray in. Case closed in 24 hours, almost. Now I have to order one from Dornbracht, so I have the place that gave me the loaner place the order (might as well let them make a buck since they cut me a break).

Anyone care to guess the sticker price of this beauty?
    Last edited by Plumbus; 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM.

Re: Sink faucet side spray

5 bills?
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Not bad, Chicken S. wizard. With tax and freight it came to $601.

Comment

are we talking commercial kitchen or a high end residential home? the reason i ask is i can't picture anyone specking dornbracht in a commercial kitchen.

at what point does it pay to swap to a commercial fisher or t&s faucet?

anytime i see dornbracht, i know parts are expensive and difficult to get. i find grohe stocked at my supply houses and parts are just a phone call away.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Great! I've got one of those shimmering towers of excrement at one of the houses i just finished.

Comment

Working...
          X