X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Air Admittance valve

I work with structural Engineers a lot. Most don't have practical experience. Can do very little with their hands.Would break left hand
    wheel studs 9 out of 10 times !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Insurance company's love engineers cause there insurance leavs the installer .liable.but.no one here anyways can over rule engeenerrs stamp funded by insurance company we end up liable

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
        Insurance company's love engineers cause there insurance leavs the installer .liable.but.no one here anyways can over rule engeenerrs stamp funded by insurance company we end up liable
        This doesn't make sense to me.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Doesn't matter what the code says or what the city inspector wants in certain buildings here. Federal government building and any foreign embassy are exempt from plumbing code compliance.
          That's why I always find who is doing the inspection before I bid a job in DC. If it is WASA job I have to put in my bid a truck load of paper for the submittals. Also an engineer on WASA job always trumps the inspector, because they are a WASA engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
            That's why I always find who is doing the inspection before I bid a job in DC. If it is WASA job I have to put in my bid a truck load of paper for the submittals. Also an engineer on WASA job always trumps the inspector, because they are a WASA engineer.
            what is wasa please
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              what is wasa please
              Washington, D.C.'s 'Water And Sewer Authority'

The past few years they've had some bad press concerning water quality (high lead content) so rather than deal with the real issue recently changed their name to D.C. WATER- Their new PR slogan is 'Water For Life'

We do quite a bit of work through them but Mr Fudd is right about the submittals...it's unreal the amount of detail they want.

Comment

there a group of triplexs a local engeneer started about three years ago, he purchased land that was"labelled" contaminated because it use to be a saw mill and the ground was mostly fill so know one could have built on it anyways. Except he signed off after doing a pathetic job of so called tampering it he also signed of on countless other things such as (i started the plumbing down there and quit about 8 days after starting) his forman laid out where the plumbing would be no floor plan no prints no nothing? any way i did the rough in took about 3 days to drill do the underground drainage and interior drainage system from sewer to 3'' vent thru the roof. came back the next morning to be told they changed there mind moved bathrooms from one side of unit to other.

Two story triplexs with full basements three full bathroom groups and walk in shower in master plus half bath in basement, "what?' i asked yah the owner / engineer showed up with his wife didnt like lay out. Good thing im buy the hour i said out loud so i went on to the next sweet and let them rip out the abs and framing so they could reframe long story short he told me to drill a engeenered lvl and four 16" tgi which i new you CANT do so the formAN calls the engeener / owner and he says il sign off on it we can just sister on to it. I refused handed the forman my sawzall and superhawg and said be my guest you cant drill the engeenered beams especially 3 5/8''. that was the beggining of the end my journeyman showed up not long after and the sh1t hit the fan we walked. neither of those building are finished and that forman got fired in turn taking the owner to court for severence pay. he had a young guy i know well falling cottonwoods about 12-16" at the butt with a bosch sawzall last time i went down there it bewilders me somebody like this has any authority over the authority having jurisdiction? are your state building / plumbing inspectors privatized or do they work directly for the government?

Comment

Working...
                X