X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice engineering grohe !

Customer has beautiful Grohe single handle chrome Lav. faucet. Problem , hot S.S. feed sprung a hole. Moen or delta ,replace feed only, Few Bucks. Grohe $104.00 for a new faucet !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Nice engineering grohe !

Grohe gained the understanding that they needed a full line awhile back. Economy to luxury.

Amazon.com: GROHE 32642001 Eurosmart Centerset Lavatory Faucet, Chrome: Home Improvement

J.C.

Comment

Bought my Grohe kitchen faucet for a meager 200$, but that was a" super duper secret" buy from a sales rep.
      104 does sound cheap, or that is just for the part?

Comment

A fergy owned Plumb. supply. $104.00
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If Grohe was in the tire Buss, and You wanted to match a 24575 R x 16 blown casing, this would be the deal.
          Tire would be mounted on a new Grohe rim. You'd have a garage full of perfectly good rims !

Comment

Tooly, I've had good luck in the past contacting them in Illinois.

Contact
            Grohe America Inc.
            241 Covington Drive
            60108 Bloomingdale, Illinois
            United States
            Phone: +1 800 44 GROHE
            Fax: +1 630 582-7722

Good luck!

J.C.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the heads up. These are close friends,and they will have a house full this weekend. I'll try later on the warrantee.

Comment

Originally posted by nobackfall View Post
                Bought my Grohe kitchen faucet for a meager 200$, but that was a" super duper secret" buy from a sales rep.
                104 does sound cheap, or that is just for the part?
                No part ,same lav. faucet J.C linked on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Tooly, I've had good luck in the past contacting them in Illinois.

Contact
                  Grohe America Inc.
                  241 Covington Drive
                  60108 Bloomingdale, Illinois
                  United States
                  Phone: +1 800 44 GROHE
                  Fax: +1 630 582-7722

Good luck!

J.C.

I'll go knock on their door in person sometime if you want only about 15 minutes for me.

I usually go through them or a distributor like Fergy for any warranty issues.

I think that warranty is limited to certain things and does not include cartrigdes or spray heads or other similar "wear and tear" items? I would expect a supply line to be covered.

Someone please clarify for me if I am mistaken

Comment

I would call them and chew on them some. I had a customer that had a Price Pfister in for less than 6 months with a similar problem. (Someone else supplied and installed it in a remodel.)

I even put the story on here.

PP didn't want to do anything 'til I asked basically "Are you crazy? They just want the faucet replaced. You do realize this could have flooded a WHOLE HOUSE that you would be held liable for. Heck, there was enough water that some customers would demand mold prevention/remediation".

Got a new faucet.

J.C.

Comment

Just talked to My friend. He said He's guessing It's around 20 Years old. and doesn't have a receipt. An American tank commander, He's 90 and still with us, said " They had the same problem with their tracks! Had to replace them in sets !"

Comment

tool, my guess based on the info you provided is that the stainless braiding was attacked by cleaning chemicals stored in the cabinet. they don't have to even be directly sprayed onto the hoses. they just need to be venting from the screwed on cap and the cabinet will contain the fumes and deposit the chemicals on the ss. flex.

very very common inside kitchen sink cabinets and some lav cabinets with cleaning supplies.

a photo will confirm this. does the flex look rusted out on the stainless braids?

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Your Grohe rep should take care of you. Anytime I have had a problem with one of their faucets. I just take it to my Grohe rep and they either give me a new one on the spot if it's in stock or they order me a new one and return the old one to Grohe. Only paid freight if I need it in a few days vs 4 weeks.
                          Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                          Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Grohe reps must be a westcoast thing, because that's unheard of and unknown to us out here in Pa.

Comment

Kevin
                              Next time you have a Grohe problem call me first. Western Sales, (Home) the Northern CA rep for Grohe, is a standup outfit. Tom Slankert, managing partner, has been a friend since he took over the Grohe line in 1983 and I'd be happy to introduce you to him. Since he lives in San Francisco, it would easy to arrange something. All you gotta don is reach out, amigo. In fact, call me any time you have a problem with any product. I probably know someone who can make it go away, and if I don't Dominic does.
                              Scott
                              Last edited by Plumbus; 07-14-2011, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X