Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shame on you

Shame on you
    I just finally signed up been reading forums for almost two years. My mentor "journeyman" as told me for years there's nothing sadder then people with knowledge keeping it to themselves I'm proud to be beginning my profession as a tradesman plumber. O or carpenter doesn't ****ing matter I finally joined and have asked for advise. I'm just shocked like 70 views yet no one comments say, your in over your head say your obviously underexperienced say anything... to say nothing. just seems like a insult some one out there must realize in another 30 years when there eyes are failing and there back hurts the pension they paid into is gone any they just can't go into another crawl space even if its there own they need a young plumber to fix there problems even if hes 50 at that time and the poor SAP can't fix something you use to do with your eyes closed look in the mirror. heres a guy 24 yrs old spending every dollar he hasn't got trying to do a job. no one else even looks at or attempts going on a forum full of.professionals that have done it been around it and could do it with there eyes sauder shut. snicker at his foolish attempt your.no worse then Chinese **** your letting all you were taught die with you and its sick help. The few rookie that care enough to ask and even think about work after five pm. To ask a question about our trade give us some credit I'm not asking to you do my job just give me a enough advise I know where to begin. for a job I fail at doesn't make " our" trade. Look better were all in this together even if you think I'm below you a couple thousand notches. people depend on me I'm trying my best and to ask a question or two to people that have done what-im battling with to just ignore me feels like I'm asking a government for advise completely a waste of time... wake up pass your knowledge on if you don't have a employee that care or an apprentice use the forum to teach apprentices or journeying men that care that don't have a mentor that does. Or that has an answer
    Last edited by seanny deep; 07-14-2011, 02:07 AM. Reason: every ******* is a potential customer

Re: shame on you

I hate to say it but your posts are very hard to read. It is almost like one long run on sentence. I'm guessing some who clicked on it gave up on reading it. Try to format your thoughts a little better and break it up a bit.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
      I work in a smaller community just took over business from my mentor I'm no longer the grasshopper " but far from the master.... my retired boss is one help of a plumber is layout and ability to do " the whole" job in his head before the footing are dug or plans even approved is a inspiration but he never did any drain cleaning in his 40 something years of plumbing and pipe fitting lots of foreman and shop Stewart positions moved from British Columbia to Washington late 90s first time he'd done residential any way long story short I'm now the boss and the only guy within 60 km started getting a lot of calls for plugged drains had no choice bit to refer other guys I wasn't equipped keeping in mind I'm 24 25 in august got. 2 kids and a wife plus 2 mortgages don't have any spare money kicking around. When a customer called me back after my competition had "helped him" short lived by the way. He told me what their initial bill was I was outraged it was quite sick. Any how went and ordered a k49 drill selffeed and a k 750 with 100' of 5/8 and tool kit. I used a old general once not sure of model I used the k49 a few time now seems pretty logical.. invested on a bunch of painters drop sheets a couple rubbermaids.. pick the 750 up on Monday any advise would be extremely helpful and appreciated iv only been plumbing 6 years I'm logical I'm the first to admit I know very little about most things but I like to atleast be well informed. Last but not least I did get an autofeed "asked a previous boss about it he replied what Sean afraid to get your hands dirty that's not like you Haha" are they worthwhile or is it just another part to go wrong and a few more pounds to lug up and down stairs? Last but not least how do you guys charge for drain cleaning , flat rate hourly charge the machine then it labour. Thanks again the rookie
      mark is absolutely right.

here's a suggestion. you've been following the forum for 2 years as you posted. had you spent the time it took to write these 2 post, you could have gone to the drain cleaning section and read an entire novel about the machines.

now keep in mind a k-49 has not been invented yet in the states. the k-45 has. so although i know lots about drain cleaning. i've and others have written enough about these subjects over the years that had you spent anytime reading them or the owners manual, they would have answered most of your questions.

sorry it's harsh, but putting the blame on us nuts. just look in the mirror.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Why did you originally post in the Professional Plumbing Discussion Forum and not the Drain Cleaning Discussion Forum?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I hate to say it but your posts are very hard to read. It is almost like one long run on sentence. I'm guessing some who clicked on it gave up on reading it. Try to format your thoughts a little better and break it up a bit.

Mark
          Dito

Tony

Comment

My brain hurts trying to read your post.
            sigpic

Comment

Posts like that drive me crazy. Don't any of the young ones know how to effectively communicate in writing anymore? Does anyone ever take the few extra seconds to proof read what they are trying to say to make sure that their thoughts can be understood? Do they know what "spell check" is or what it does?

Maybe it's me, but I can't take anyone very seriously if they are unable to know how to properly convey their thoughts or ideas without proper grammar and punctuation.

Comment

Seanny, You must be My Irish Son,when I was visiting Anne and Burnaby! You get the paranoia from Me! Now I am not giving Up on You! Myself,I'm working on My people skills at 68! BACK UP SON,WE WANT YOU IN THE FOLD! These Guys are the most helpful lads in the world. They have bailed Me out a thousand times! Now , come back with some questions. Plumber Rick is the K60 expert here and did his apprenticeship in the union. Say hello to Ma. Be well Da
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

What are you gents doing up at that time anyhoo?
                  Doesn't anyone have to work anymore? Ha.

Comment

Seanny - Don't take it personally that you have had over 70 views and no replies. If you ever look at the forum information you would see that most times there are very few members signed in. You have to be signed in as a member in order to reply to a thread. Right now there were 170 people viewing but only 9 members. Remember also that you don't have to be a tradesman to be a member. Heck, I'm an office worker and I read the forum during my lunch hour. I find this forum not only educational but also entertaining.

Comment

Had a shitty day yesterday ..
                      No fault of any of you, sorry bout the post didnt mean to be rude just a crappy day any way,
                      Will try to make my posts easier to comprehend and yes rick your right its a k 45 any ways thanks for the reponses

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                        Had a shitty day yesterday ..
                        No fault of any of you, sorry bout the post didnt mean to be rude just a crappy day any way,
                        Will try to make my posts easier to comprehend and yes rick your right its a k 45 any ways thanks for the reponses
                        Not to worry, happens to us all. You are one of the clan now. We'd like to hear about Your daily projects. We all like our Canadian
                        Brothers.Son Brian plays Hockey 2 nights a week. How about those BOSTON BRUINS,EHH" And the Canadian ladies, WOW""
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I bet on Boston I was pretty happy. I should have just bet Vancouver would riot could have won either way eh. ! Thanks for understanding

Comment

I'm not even sure as to what's going on. I read about half way through the original post, re-read a few sentences (if you can call them that) and I'm still confused. What I got from it is that we're all bad people because we're keeping secrets from him?

BTW, not all young people have communication problems....I'm 26.
                            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
                            X