HOLY COW !!! Plans reveiw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOLY COW !!! Plans reveiw

I was curious about permit fees for the town we basically work in the most, and I was shocked what I saw.

For example: If I "repair" a hose bib they want $35.00 plus $4.00 state surcharge.

They can kiss my a$$.. I'm not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
      It's a Little Tin Horn City !

They also want a copy of my contract with my Client !!!
      Tell this TIN HORN SHERIFF " Scotland Yard, And Murdock
      are across the pond. they need His Sleweth powers, You Don't "
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Only one cure for this "I,M MAD AS HELL, AND I AIN'T GONNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE" Heads on a stick , marching around city hall! I have a bull horn , sticks , need airline tickets !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Oh yeah .. we need long form permits to REPLACE an existing grease trap BUT I only need a post card permit to REPLACE a gas water heater ..I asked them down at the comission what that was all about ..I am REPLACING an existing grese trap but INSTALLING a new grease trap ..So they consider this a new install has to go to plan review blah , blah , blah,,..Again I am replacing an existing water heater and INSTALLING a new one ..GAS EVEN,,Well that's the way we decided we were doing it..Ok post card permit $ 60 ..Long form permit for most of these jobs $ 170 and up..This is a no brainer and yes a fleecing
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by old1 View Post
            oh yeah .. We need long form permits to replace an existing grease trap but i only need a post card permit to replace a gas water heater ..i asked them down at the comission what that was all about ..i am replacing an existing grese trap but installing a new grease trap ..so they consider this a new install has to go to plan review blah , blah , blah,,..again i am replacing an existing water heater and installing a new one ..gas even,,well that's the way we decided we were doing it..ok post card permit $ 60 ..long form permit for most of these jobs $ 170 and up..this is a no brainer and yes a fleecing
            bootleg it, screw the lay abouts !

Comment

Had a final today on 2 gas water heater replacements. Inspector was cool, retired plumber. Tells me job won't pass next year. 3 screws in vent connections a no no will need to be taped. No crimping to connect vent sections, both of these items are carbon monoxide leakers. Because the home improvement cost is over $1000.00 need smoke detectors in all bedrooms and carbon monoxide dectector in kitchen. He mentioned wait till the GO Green takes effect its going complicate things on replacement jobs. Guy was REAL hard to understand with a thick accent, but thats what I got from the conversation.

Had a interesting side conversation about the smell good guys.......yike$ !!!!

wookie

Comment

More bullshi* red tape.I always pull permits .Around here the big box stores are running amuck with water heater change outs etc.They are hiring "sub contractors" that are not licensed.Things have gotten so bad here chief inspectors are getting calls from homeowners asking if a permit /inspection is required because they are have hd/lowes install a water heater for them.The chief goes out on the day of the scheduled install and waits and nails their asses.Yep it is happening ..Lets see one co. had over 2,000 install on record .No permits @$ 60 a pop ..$12,000.00 in lost permit fees. It went to the attorney generals office as a fed. case..Haven't heard what happened or didn't happen yet. My guess is they will pay for the permits and schedule inspections to save their asses..Thats the problem .Since I'm legit they can investigate me, take my license , and I'm outta business.Since they are not what can they really do???
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's honestly getting ridiculous....I guess this is why homeowners are always asking if I can do the work without permits.

An uncle of mine, an electrician, told me that he now needs to pull a permit to replace a GFCI receptacle. A permit to pull out a malfunctioning GFCI and replace it with a new one. What in God's name will they try to regulate next?
                  Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                    What in God's name will they try to regulate next?
                    Do you really want to know?
                    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

God what is happening to one of our oldest and most respected trades. You guys are doing it pretty hard. Permits - defined as BS revenue raisers for bureaucrats who could manage a proverbial bang in a knocker. We too have a system not totally disimilar to this. Fortunately our morons havent caught on yet to take it to the rediculous like you have demonstrated here. Maybe we need to get together and hold a worldwide strike for a day whereby as Licensed Professional Plumbers we all agree to let the drains stay clogged, let the water be cold, let the pipes be turned off, shut down the gas pipes for a day. Unfortunately this would be punishing our clients who are innocent but it would certainly put pressure on the politicians everywhere to stop and listen. This may sound radical but if it grows legs I will promote it down here. Can you imagine if it actually did happen. Just think outside the square and wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                        God what is happening to one of our oldest and most respected trades. You guys are doing it pretty hard. Permits - defined as BS revenue raisers for bureaucrats who could manage a proverbial bang in a knocker. We too have a system not totally disimilar to this. Fortunately our morons havent caught on yet to take it to the rediculous like you have demonstrated here. Maybe we need to get together and hold a worldwide strike for a day whereby as Licensed Professional Plumbers we all agree to let the drains stay clogged, let the water be cold, let the pipes be turned off, shut down the gas pipes for a day. Unfortunately this would be punishing our clients who are innocent but it would certainly put pressure on the politicians everywhere to stop and listen. This may sound radical but if it grows legs I will promote it down here. Can you imagine if it actually did happen. Just think outside the square and wonder.
                        "We had some Guys with radical Ides before! John Adams was one of them!

Comment

Interesting thread. Not a plumbing permit story but it will show how far government will go.

City of North Myrtle Beach South Carolina is considering outlawing digging holes in the sand at the beach. They say it is dangerous and someone might fall in a hole and be injured. I guess they will be arresting the little kids with pails and shovels.

Time to say no to all this crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post

Just wanted to say thanks and we should think outside the box.
                            Was wondering what a," proverbial bang in a knocker" is? Just sounds like something good. lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X