X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY COW !!! Plans reveiw

Went to pull a permit to change out a plane jane electric water heater ... Nothing fancy

Had to do a drawing and submit it for a "Plans Review" for a simple change out !!!

No wonder the HACKS are doing all the heater change outs !!!

Re: HOLY COW !!! Plans reveiw

Spread the wealth . Thank obuma he has 10 cousins doing the reviews

Comment

and another 10 doing the jobs on the side for cash.

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
      Spread the wealth . Thank obuma he has 10 cousins doing the reviews
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        and another 10 doing the jobs on the side for cash.
        And all 10 of them are collecting SSI while working off the books while we starve
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Any wonder permits aren't being pulled ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Putting in:

1 undercounter water heater.

2 sinks in counter.

Plans review.
            Meeting with mid-level inspector. (below head of inspections)
            Owners of place have meeting with head of inspections.
            Meeting with plumbing inspector.
            Another meeting with plumbing inspector.

Get everybody on the same page and all good. Go to get permit. I start getting asked all kinds of questions all over again.
            Mid-level guy says "Well we won't issue a permit then...." At which point I lose it (I guess, from the looks on everyone in the permit offices' faces) and start yelling about all that we've already done. Which I had explained most of earlier...and calmer.

After my tirade, Mid-level says "Issue the permit. Will revoke it if we find something."

Got the permit and the job done. Seems to me they are just killing the incentive to get things permitted and business growth. Which lowers the tax base and makes it less likely for them to get a raise.

Knuckleheads. < That's probably all I needed to say.

J.C.

Comment

Sad part is after all is said and done I get keep like $160.00 :-( Probably less ...

Comment

About 1 1/2 years ago,doing a whole house remodel S.F. Have a new 200 amp service inspection. 2 ground rods. Same connectors
                on rods I've used for years. Wants different connectors. No sweat It's 10 am please swing back this afternoon,I'll change them.
                No go down and pay for a re inspection,$170.00. Do You think I'LL LINE THESE Pricks pockets for a small job? Kiss My Irish A$$
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Seriously,plans review? Don't put up with that. Before you pay a dime, go strait to your county commissioner at let them know the building department is fleecing the public and wasting time to justify their jobs. We've had similar problems here and a call to one of the CC's usually take care of it.
                  Mike

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    About 1 1/2 years ago,doing a whole house remodel S.F. Have a new 200 amp service inspection. 2 ground rods. Same connectors
                    on rods I've used for years. Wants different connectors. No sweat It's 10 am please swing back this afternoon,I'll change them.
                    No go down and pay for a re inspection,$170.00. Do You think I'LL LINE THESE Pricks pockets for a small job? Kiss My Irish A$$
                    There are a few villages that hire an inspection company. They will always find something to gig even if you followed the code 100% just so they can get that reinspcetion fee. I just call BS on them and get a state inspector on site which of course does not make me any friends with that inspection company.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Over a year ago a S.F. inspector said that 30 inspectors were laid off . The source of support is only permit fees, And a hundred Million Hi Rise ready to start just backed out! That's why the the many $170.00 re inspection fees. I'm not the only one here.
                      Long time S.F. contractor friends are getting hit with this, New ploy!

Comment

Ok I'll be that guy....I'll never pull a permit for a water heater replacement/installation and a few other small things. (I'm not even sure if any towns around me require a permit for a water heater replacement)

I'm not in the business of trying to collect revenue for the townships and boroughs, as they gouge their residents enough. Maybe if these townships stopped their irresponsible spending habits, they wouldn't have to come up with these ridiculous ways to try and collect revenue.

I'm only pulling permits on new construction and remodels...that's it.

Some towns here don't even require a contractor to be a licensed Plumber. So if they don't care...either do I.

Comment

It's a Little Tin Horn City !

They also want a copy of my contract with my Client !!!

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                          Seriously,plans review? Don't put up with that. Before you pay a dime, go strait to your county commissioner at let them know the building department is fleecing the public and wasting time to justify their jobs. We've had similar problems here and a call to one of the CC's usually take care of it.
                          Mike

Comment

A client of mine pulled a remodel permit from the city to add a second story and an addition. While doing some work with the backhoe (USA done, no utilities) he comes across a sewer line. Has city come out, they swear up and down its not theirs or shared by other homes, it belongs to the house. He wants to add on to the house, sewer line already exists under the house. He rips "his" sewer line out with the backhoe, the turds and TP from the 4 houses further up the street start flowing.

He gets the sewer repaired, goes back to the city, asks WTF. Some head scratching is done, a few fingers are pointed to past fires and idiot past employees. They say its OK the way it was, been there 80 years, its grandfathered in. A few months later they state he has to either move the sewer line all the way around the house, OR get him and all of the neighboring property owners to sign off on the existing pipe, claiming responsibility if it were to ever need repair. The neighbor is an attorney, pretty much told him and the city they need to go pound sand, the pipe has been there for 80+ years, they pay the sewer bill, its the city's problem.

The people at the city who said the pipe was OK were no longer employed there, but what they said was not valid. My client had to go in there and raise hell to keep his sewer where it has been for 80 years and save 20K to relocate a sewer line.
                            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Remove and replace = no permit required. Permit to change a water heater?!?! That's insane! I did a whole remodel where all I did was remove and replace the lav, toilet, tub, t/s valve, kitchen, dishwasher. The inspector happened to be in the same building and came to have a look. Asked if was just remove and replace I said yup he said looks good. I thought Maui County had some ridiculous bureaucracy for the trades but after hearing these stories I feel like we got it easy.
                              Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                              Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                              X