Plumber Ripoff's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumber Ripoff's

So tonight I was bored, and was in the mood to read some reviews on Plumbing companies being ripoff's. I was in need of a good laugh tonight, and boy I wasn't disappointed. lol

I started with some of the big National chain companies and saw the normal price gouging, but 1 company really stood out from the rest.

Rick, all I have to say is...you were not bull crapping about M. D. Plumbing. This customer was outraged that M.D. wanted $5,000 to replace a water heater!

In other reviews, M.D. also wanted like $2,300.00 to install a clean-out, $7000.00 to replace the gas lines in a home. $900.00 for a hot surface ignitor, $6,275.00 to replace a sump pump and discharge line!

Like..how does this guy show his face in public?

Other reviews on companies I don't even know...I'd say a lot of these customers were just downright cheap, cause the prices I saw were not bad at all.

Re: Plumber Ripoff's

I don't think I could tell a customer those prices with a straight face.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
      I don't think I could tell a customer those prices with a straight face.
      You aint kidding!

Comment

WOW....5000.00 for a water heater....I would like only replace a couple a year and I would be set! I think if I quoted that I would be shot on site....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

he does it with clever advertising and preying on people that don't know any better. they spend a lot of time giving estimates and eventually wait for a bite.

a few years back i was working on a roof of a building 2 doors from their shop. it was 10:30 am. a time when you would think their trucks were on the road. but i seem to remember that there were 35 trucks sitting in his parking lot.

i also remember seeing mike at a supply house trying to sell off his excess inventory of copper fittings several years back.

remember he's not the only 1 that's in my backyard. his shop is about 1.5 miles from me. there's another large shop with the same reputation that is 4 doors from me

that's why i have the scoop on them

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            So tonight I was bored, and was in the mood to read some reviews on Plumbing companies being ripoff's. I was in need of a good laugh tonight, and boy I wasn't disappointed. lol

I started with some of the big National chain companies and saw the normal price gouging, but 1 company really stood out from the rest.

Rick, all I have to say is...you were not bull crapping about M. D. Plumbing. This customer was outraged that M.D. wanted $5,000 to replace a water heater!

In other reviews, M.D. also wanted like $2,300.00 to install a clean-out, $7000.00 to replace the gas lines in a home. $900.00 for a hot surface ignitor, $6,275.00 to replace a sump pump and discharge line!

Like..how does this guy show his face in public?

Other reviews on companies I don't even know...I'd say a lot of these customers were just downright cheap, cause the prices I saw were not bad at all.
            Thanks Flux ,great post of the WEEK ! I had no idea it was this bad!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              he does it with clever advertising and preying on people that don't know any better. they spend a lot of time giving estimates and eventually wait for a bite.

a few years back i was working on a roof of a building 2 doors from their shop. it was 10:30 am. a time when you would think their trucks were on the road. but i seem to remember that there were 35 trucks sitting in his parking lot.

i also remember seeing mike at a supply house trying to sell off his excess inventory of copper fittings several years back.

remember he's not the only 1 that's in my backyard. his shop is about 1.5 miles from me. there's another large shop with the same reputation that is 4 doors from me

that's why i have the scoop on them

rick.
              Yea, everyone seemed to complain about the $99.00 to clean any drain. (we have a few of those here)

35 trucks? Geez...that's an awful lot of over-head right there.

We have a few around here that are way up there, but nothing like this guy.

Comment

"Hey Hoppy, I see Mike Diamond up behind the bunk house " Get the Boys and some rope,We'll string Him up! " If You were born in the early 40s this will hit home.
                William Boyd played Hopalong Cassidy. That generation knew how to deal with Cattle
                and" WATER HEATER THIEVES"
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Wow and people call me expencive lol
                  Rod
                  MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                  Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                  http://unclognh.com
                  http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Getting into a price war with other companies is a losing proposition. If there high we all get a bad image. If they are low we all get a bad image. It seems there is a no win. But, yes reading reviews concerning those expensive companies can be funny.

Getting into a conversation with a customer about another companies prices makes the both of you look bad. I recently watched a video of where a plumber made a repair, then while discussing the work, he made sure to comment on previous companies prices and work. Not good.
                    If I can't fix it, I will help you find a good plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayberry Plumber View Post
                      Getting into a conversation with a customer about another companies prices makes the both of you look bad.
                      I never engaged in conversations with my customers about another Plumbers prices, as I don't wish to be sued for slander or defamation.

Comment

there have been local companines shut down over price gouging. especially after a disaster/ earthquake.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X