X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG ! Code enforcement stake out !!!

Code enforcement is staking out Air Conditioning Business to see where they are taking units !!!

Un Freaking Believable !!!

Re: OMG ! Code enforcement stake out !!!

I like having a box truck. No one knows what I have stashed in the back of that thing. Where some of the HVAC companies are pretty obvious with an open trailer behind their van.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

this is a good thing. Wish they would do that here.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I agree 100% Gear Junkie, its about time those Code enforcement officers do their jobs.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Va Beach was strict, always had sting operations. The inspectors would follow buyers of water heaters, etc. But was it caused was higher labor rates. It was nothing to hear companies charge 1850 for a 50 gal electric or 350 for a mainline with outside cleanout. I also saw less hackish work there, the plumbing was just older. Here in california, there is no code enforcement at all so it causes labor prices to fall to crazy levels and I've seen lot's of bad work. I find it difficult to charge an honest price. Funny thing is I think there are 3 culprits...the unlicensed contractors, piss poor inspectors and Mike diamond. He advertises all the time about 99 drain cleaning, sight unseen, so people are used to paying 99 or less. Of course it's a loss leader but those who hear his radio ads get in that cheap mentality.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Half of the problem in this country is GOVERNMENT intrusion into personal and business lives, and taxing ever thing we look at or touch,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
              Code enforcement is following this A.c. business around town,meanwhile copper theives break into the A.c. guys shop and steal his copper. A.C. guy calls the cops and they tell him it will be a few hours and we will drop by and take a report and the A.c. guy complains about crime and the cops say we do not have enough officers on the street.

Sac county is laying off 7 million dollars worth of staff at the D.A.s office. No more convictions on alot of petty crimes... So if you do get arrested for some crimes, you will simply get booked and released.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                Half of the problem in this country is GOVERNMENT intrusion into personal and business lives, and taxing ever thing we look at or touch,
                "One form of government intervention will often cause undesirable unintended consequences that lead to calls for further intervention, which leads to further problems and so forth" - Ludwig Von Mises

I swear for every problem we have in this country I can trace it back to government intervention.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
                X