• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Levels?

Are they useful to you?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Laser Levels?

We often use a laser transit on a tripod. You use the same?

I was wondering about the typical torpedo level with laser. Often made of Billet Aluminum.

Didn't know if those type warranted the laser and extra cost.

J.C.

Comment

I have the Dewalt DW079KD 18-Volt Self Leveling Inetrior/Exterior Rotary Laser Kit with Laser Detector. It was pricey when I bought it but the price has come way down. I like that I can measure inverts by myself.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Have 2 Son has 1, great tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Again, this is what I'm inquiring about. Others make similar ones. Is a type like THIS useful to have in the back pocket and be mobile with?

HOT SHOT® Magnetic Torpedo Laser Level | Torpedo Laser Levels | 5x Stronger Earth Magnets with Johnson Magnetic Torpedo Laser Levels | Johnson Level & Tool Mfg Company

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Again, this is what I'm inquiring about. Others make similar ones. Is a type like THIS useful to have in the back pocket and be mobile with?

HOT SHOT® Magnetic Torpedo Laser Level | Torpedo Laser Levels | 5x Stronger Earth Magnets with Johnson Magnetic Torpedo Laser Levels | Johnson Level & Tool Mfg Company

J.C.
            I have a variety of the smaller laser levels. They are useful, I just don't use them enough.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I won't even consider doing an underslab rough in without some kind of transit handy. I like the lazer's because you can work alone.
              sigpic

Comment

LAsers are great when you working in the ceiling of an existing building. Shoot a line through all the mess of wires and pipes and find a route for you new pipe or drain line. Very nice for laying out hangers all manner of overhead work. Lay everything out on the floor and set your laser plumb bob over each mark, then drill right on the mark for your hilti insert w/o a plumb bob. Many other uses as we all know.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I like to use a two foot laser level when installing sewers. I lay it in the pipe and follow it back with a shovel in front of the bucket of whoever is digging to make sure their grade is good. Works very well.

Comment

The first time I came across lasers was in 1983. Spectra Physics was loaning them out to the superintendents on tilt up buildings in my area. The salesman would bring a laser to the job site and say "Try this out. No charge." He'd come back in a month and invariably make the sale. Everyone almost immediately saw the labor savings with no loss of accuracy.
                    Last edited by Plumbus; 07-19-2011, 08:56 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
                    X