Viega Manablok Rebuild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viega Manablok Rebuild?

I am doing some sidework for a friend from church and was wondering if it is possible to rebuild a Manablok. Below the cold ports there is an orange o-ring that is pushed out just above the bottom cap. I am not sure if the unit froze or if it was defective. The older Manabloks were put together with allthread, this one has crimped fasteners at the ends. I thought a guy could grind them off, replace the o-rings and put the manafold back together. Has anyone else done this before or know if it would work? The Viega rep in Wichita refused to warranty it because he was convinced it froze. I thought they may have a ten year warranty.

Re: Viega Manablok Rebuild?

not familar with the pex manifold. can you post a photo of yours?

how many ports is it and whats a replacement cost?

not sure it's wise to cut into the sealed unit.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

They are not designed to be taken apart and the rep is probably correct in believing that it froze. Nothing else short of insane high pressure would push the O ring out.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wrongler View Post
        I am doing some sidework for a friend from church and was wondering if it is possible to rebuild a Manablok. Below the cold ports there is an orange o-ring that is pushed out just above the bottom cap. I am not sure if the unit froze or if it was defective. The older Manabloks were put together with allthread, this one has crimped fasteners at the ends. I thought a guy could grind them off, replace the o-rings and put the manafold back together. Has anyone else done this before or know if it would work? The Viega rep in Wichita refused to warranty it because he was convinced it froze. I thought they may have a ten year warranty.
        They do make repair parts for Manablocs.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

@ Rick

Name:  5d88e27a7a40e089b5826b9723aedae5.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  344.6 KBName:  14e643e4ef7d449e6855d394c8d979c8.jpg
Size:  443.7 KBName:  f3b838af64290296ff91b3ebb163a7e0.jpg
Size:  490.1 KB

The replacement is probably around $200 cost for me. It is more of a favor than something I would charge for. Its a first time home buyer and close friend I want to help out.

Comment

I suspect that if it froze there is more wrong there than just the O ring.
            sigpic

Comment

don't know if it froze, if more than an o-ring got damaged. i would be worried if there is a hairline crack. that's 1 heck of a manifold. all home runs?

but i do know that your right big toe has dirt under the toenail

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah, that dirt came from a day of being on the wrong end of a shovel here in Kansas on a 106 degree day. I hate these manifolds, plastic crap.

Comment

Yes, but expensive plastic crap
                  sigpic

Comment

I've repaired many Manablocs. I'd say over half of the homes built out here in the last 10 years have them installed.

That said, after looking at your pictures, you should not try to fix that unit. Replace it and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X