Power Mate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Mate

Finally made a big splash in equipment, and we decided on a Power Mate Stair climber.

A little background..

About 6 years ago I went to a Plumbing EXPO in Atlantic City N.J., and one of the Power Mate reps was there demonstrating a few of their Stair climbers. Of course I gave my name and number, cause it's something me and pop always talked about purchasing.

After that day at the EXPO...the phone was ringing monthly off the hook, with our salesman trying to sell us this unit. The price back then for the L-1 was around $4000.00 and we just thought it wasn't the right time for us.

Over the course of 6 years and the non-stop phone calls, my father finally wore the salesman down and he placed another call last week. Phone conversation went like this..

Sales rep - "Just checking in to see if you're ready to purchase the L-1"

Dad - "No, and I thought I was going to be ready this month to purchase the unit. Thanks for calling though."

Sale Rep - "WAIT, you didn't hear my special price yet!!"

Dad - "What's that?"

Sales Rep - "$2,800 with extended plate for water heaters DELIVERED!"

Dad - "Ok, I'll call you back in a few minutes, I have to talk to my son."

Dad called me and said " Ant..the salesman was trembling on the phone, I think we worn him down long enough. $2,800.00 Delivered, and I'm going to call him back and buy it"

We finally took delivery of the unit today, and at first glance, this L-1 stair climber is SOLID!! The heavy duty plate they threw in for water heaters is also a SOLID piece of metal. (black plate in pictures)

While we both really wanted a Ridgid Sewer Camera and a few other things, but our BACKS came first in this decision, as my father is almost 65 years old, and is simply starting to get tired now of humping water heaters and boilers up stairs.

Maybe I can use this stair climber to hump that heavy a$$ new drum machine in my garage that collects dust!!

The L-1 is about 100 lbs itself, and lifts up to 650 lbs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Flux; 07-19-2011, 05:56 PM.

Re: Power Mate

Looks interesting, let us know how it works out.

Comment

What happens if your half way up some stairs and it quits working? Any kinda brake? Get the F out of the way? lol I would think it has some sort of automatic brake. How bouts it

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        What happens if your half way up some stairs and it quits working? Any kinda brake? Get the F out of the way? lol I would think it has some sort of automatic brake. How bouts it
        Tell my dad to get out of the way!!

Comment

remember that the dolly does all the weight lifting, but it's up to you to stabilize and balance the load.

my escalara ms-1-72 http://escalera.com/pdf/ms%20brochure%202%20page.pdf dolly does 1200# but it's still a balancing act and 1 wrong move and you're fighting to gain control of that $3,000.00 heater.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            remember that the dolly does all the weight lifting, but it's up to you to stabilize and balance the load.

my escalara ms-1-72 http://escalera.com/pdf/ms%20brochure%202%20page.pdf dolly does 1200# but it's still a balancing act and 1 wrong move and you're fighting to gain control of that $3,000.00 heater.

rick.
            We are fortunate enough to get all of our Boilers delivered in the basement by the factory themselves, so if they damage (and they have in the past) they pay for it.

But balancing the load is going to take some time getting use too.

I'm shocked your 83# stair climber is rated for 1200lbs, and my 100# is rated for 650 lbs. I'd have to upgrade to the M series to move 1500lbs

But all of our boilers we install or take out, are under 500lbs

Comment

Working...
            X