Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time difference

Anyone here ever install a Toto Aquia® Dual Flush Toilet? Product Detail

Seems to me they take about a half hour longer to install than a conventional 2 piece wc. What do you think?

Re: Time difference

Yes ,Worth more $$ for sure. The 2 also had toto washlets, with elec.outlets installed behind them.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Never installed one, and not sure if I care to either.

But I heard lot's of good things about this toilet once they are installed.

Comment

Pita
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

As with any new fixture there is a learning curve.
          I've set a couple before.No big deal.I use tap-cons instead of plastic inserts.The blocks to recieve apron bolts don't have to be within .001in. tolerances.Once you set one your going to laugh at how easy they are.

No doubt they need an extra half hour,more if it's the first.If you have six of them I'll bet you get the x-tra time down to ten minutes.

Comment

i wrote up a complete thread about this piece of crap toilet. swore i would never do another one. of course that only lasted until i was out of the country and the owner purchased 2 to replace 2 kohler 1 pc. pressure flush toilets that exploded.

tried the best i could to tell him to return them. told him he'll be sorry when they break down. of course he knows more than me and wanted them installed.

after calling up toto and picking their pea size brain for this design, we concluded that the factory screwed up and cut the flush valve control rods too short.

replacing a ballcock , or flex line requires the tank to be removed. problem is the tank bolts are only accessible from the tank. not under the tank. so in a few years when that piece of crap hunter ballcock takes a dump, good luck unscrewing the tank to replace the ballcock with a fluidmaster pro-hr ballcock.

if you don't install a factory toto seat, you better install the seat before you install the tank.

i've now done 3 of them and like i said before, i never plan on installing another one.

for those that listened to my advise a couple years back, they thanked me. for those that thought they knew better, thanked me after they installed 1 and wished they listened to me in advance.

and if toto monitors this forum, you really need to have real plumbers review your products before you bring them into america for us to deal with. otherwise you will be getting the reputation of what kohler has. an f

i'll try to link my thread with this that has photos.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t22296/

rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 07-23-2011, 11:54 PM. Reason: link
            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks again Rick. Now I remember Your advice to My frustration ! NEVER AGAIN,BUILT TO FAIL!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                As with any new fixture there is a learning curve.
                I've set a couple before.No big deal.I use tap-cons instead of plastic inserts.The blocks to recieve apron bolts don't have to be within .001in. tolerances.Once you set one your going to laugh at how easy they are.

No doubt they need an extra half hour,more if it's the first.If you have six of them I'll bet you get the x-tra time down to ten minutes.
                I've done a few and I can say that the a half hour, even in production mode, is conservative. There are just more steps to be taken. Even on an easy surface (hardwood) the set screws, because they're slotted, have to have care taken to drive them. Why they don't supply a round head phillips screw is beyond me. And, when you run into a tile or stone floor, tapcons or other concrte anchoring devices still take time to install. Plus, on retros the water line better be offset at least 8" inches, or a Dahl 90 valve better be in your bag of tricks. Worse case is when the closet ring is only 11-1/4" off the wall. Not impossible with a standard two piese wc, but with an Aquia there is no tolerance. One one I just set Friday I had to slide the floor plate 3/4" forward to line up the drain so the back of the bowl wouldn't hit the wall. Like Rick says, they "really need to have real plumbers review (their) products before you bring them into america".
                I'm sticking with a 1/2 hour extra charge for each one we had to do on this job (6) because I wasn't given a fixture list prior to bidding.
                And Adam, when was your last job that had all the baths ready for trim at the same time so you could slide through without any delays?

Comment

Thank goodness they came out with this! With all of the problems plumbers have had setting the millions of different toilets, this had to be done.

Oh wait. No, it didn't.

Garbage in, garbage in.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                  X