X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure

Working on a house that has a pressure assist toilet that just isnt flushing right. I checked the water pressure and it was around twenty pounds. In believe this is the problem but not sure the best way to fix it. Im pretty fond of pressure assist toilets so really dont want to change it out usually dont have any problems with them. what would be best way to increase the pressure to the house? It has a one inch pvc line coming in off of city water.

Re: Water pressure

Need to check to see if there is a faulty pressure reducing valve somewhere....
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
      Working on a house that has a pressure assist toilet that just isnt flushing right. I checked the water pressure and it was around twenty pounds. In believe this is the problem but not sure the best way to fix it. Im pretty fond of pressure assist toilets so really dont want to change it out usually dont have any problems with them. what would be best way to increase the pressure to the house? It has a one inch pvc line coming in off of city water.
      I believe 20 psi is the minimum pressure for pressure assist water closets. Any more most Jurisdictions are requiring 40 psi minimum to a home. If you are trying to save the pressure assist water closet by increasing the pressure I would rethink saving the water closet.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Well you gotta find out if there's anything in the house that could be reducing the pressure and of course a call to the water district will give you how much pressure is at the street both static and normal demand but if the pressure is only 20 lbs, you may want to consider a boost pump and tank set.
        sigpic

Comment

Grundfos makes a handy little booster pump that doesn't need a tank, I want to say it runs about 600 bucks, if you use one make sure you install a PRV after it, It'll run 110-120 psi
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I believe Sloan calls for a minimum pressure of 35 PSI for the Flushmate, so you need to fix that

Comment

Well that was my suggestion was to either replace toilet or increase pressure to house but this is a beautiful home with four bathrooms overlooking the lake that is vacant right now owner rents it out but cant imagine anyone being happy with that kind of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
                I believe Sloan calls for a minimum pressure of 35 PSI for the Flushmate, so you need to fix that
                The 35 PSI minimum is only for the one gallon flush WC. The 1.6 and the 1.28 gallon flush is 20 PSI minimum.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

So the pressure is 20 psi, and no one is complaining about that in itself? I bet taking a shower in that house is like getting pissed on by a drunk guy.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                    So the pressure is 20 psi, and no one is complaining about that in itself? I bet taking a shower in that house is like getting pissed on by a drunk guy.
                    When was the last time you got pissed on by a drunk guy? WTF thats a strange thing to say.

Comment

Well that was my suggestion was to either replace toilet or increase pressure to house but this is a beautiful home with four bathrooms overlooking the lake that is vacant right now owner rents it out but cant imagine anyone being happy with that kind of pressure.
                      4 bathrooms and 20 psi? This toilet cant be the first complaint at this house. Is it?
                      26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
                        Sounds as if you might have been in the Navy. I know I saw some wild stuff when I was in.

Comment

Even in Arkansas the city should have more pressure than 20 lb
                          What do they say about it

Comment

Working...
                          X