recirc with home run system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recirc with home run system

Ive been installing worsbo and pex homerun systems for the last two years or so, where it makes sense anyways. The only complaint iv gotten is th waiting for hot water on the long runs. I had some problems with pex three quarter by half tees thats what got me doing the homerun instead of run and branch. Now i just installed a worbo home ssystem in a hundred year old house i took three half inch lines from the three furthest fixtures "master bathroom" shower tub and vanity and brought them into the crawl space so theres no joints in any of the walls besides these two three quarter by half worsbo tees and three quarter by half bushing the only joints are the expposed headers the stops for the fixtures at point of use and the adaptors on the shower valves.

Now i took that three quarter recirc line and will be pulling the drain out of the bottom of the hot water tank threading in a nipple three quarter brass t branch heading towards the tank drain valve on one side of run and recirc on other small .groundfos pump on timer set for when home owner wakes up for work and roughly there bed time. Ive never done this it just kinda came to me gota wait for a coupple.months to see how it works. Any of you see a problem with this or anything i might have missed. Hope this makes sense thanks for reading. Ps i insulated all the lines water should remain warm in between?
    Seany

Re: recirc with home run system

In the future Here's an E Z FAST Way [ 1 hr.] faucets direct Grunfos 595916 comfort system $279.20 I've had one 7 years in My own home. love it.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

sounds good when you have a return system. the timer is usually set up for 15 minute increments and with proper insulation, 15 on and 15 off should still allow for warm water.

trying to dial it into the owners wake up time and evening time is fine, as long as they don't drive you nuts when they vary their sch.

i try to set it up a good 30 minutes before wake up time. then 15 on and 15 off. at night i set it up to go off about 30 minutes after shower time. off all night until morning.

remember about daylight savings and also power outages. show them the programming and shutting off the pump if they shut the water to the house.

rick.

tool, your system is great when there is no return line and you retrofit.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Yes Guys. We are slab on grade,no crawel space or attic. Post and beam Home, Lots of glass N birds to watch
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Yes Guys. We are slab on grade,no crawel space or attic. Post and beam Home, Lots of glass N birds to watch
          Thats a nighmare if theres a problem.

Comment

Thanks for thé advise, worsbo claims you dont need to insulate, but i thought that was more relating to condensation then heat loss. The main reason i insulate both the hot and the cold is we have tons of cedar bugs "stink bugs" here and there been a few instances of them burrowing into plastic tubing, worsbo and the dreaded poly butelyn. I figure insulation should help deture this. Worsbo sent a rep to investigate the one instance that occured here i apprenticed under the installer. They ended up coming to the conclusion it was the substance these bugs leave behind when they spray that caused the failure. "iv heard of instances with super pex as well" any way figured for the time and money they save with no joint homerun what a couple hourrs to insulate. Plus leed cerification is now requiring it. Thanks for the replies

Sean

Comment

Read this many years ago, on the HVAC forum. Tech is in this crawler when He spots the biggest black snake coiled just above His head! He whipped around to beat it to daylight! He smashed His head into a 4x4 post knocking Himself out! He awoke some time later covered in blood from a split scull. He then remembered the snake! Grabbed His flashlight and peered in from the safety outside. That's when He saw the black garden hose He took for a snake.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                worsbo claims you dont need to insulate, but i thought that was more relating to condensation then heat loss.
                Sean
                I guess I wont be hiring a plumber from the kootenays, ever.

Comment

I. Worded that poorly they claim it won't sweat and maintain its temperature longer then its competion. I insulate anyways as far as dlartivee whats a fire cocker doing replying to a plumbers forum, I guess there's some resentment for donuting plumbers holes all day long.y

Comment

Seanny, Whats a fire cocker? You have to explain these things to us in the lower forty eight!?

Comment

A labour who works for a mechanical company usually gets stuck doing the lame jobs, one of which is firecocking and "donuting" our pipes. Basically you walk around shop vacing concreate dust and fire cocking the holes you wrap a hilti fire strip around the pipe pushing it down into the hole and then use hilti fs one cocking. This is to prevent fire from getting from one floor or unit into another. I wasnt impressed with dlartevee's comment im not usually rude but it pissed me off. When i was doing commercial that was kinda of your punishment if you pissed the foreman off he would make you help the insulator or fire cock.

Comment

You're confused.

Fire caulking (not cocking), is a fire-stopping method used to deal with a penetration of a fire rated assembly (ie, wall, floor etc.).

Fire-proofing is something completely different, and so is spray applied polyurethane foam...

For the record, insulating pipes will help with condensation only if the jacketing is air tight, and it's more important for heat loss on the warm side as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry you're so upset about my comment, it was actually just a little joke not a huge insult.

Comment

Fire cocker reminds me of cork soaker.

Comment

Working...
                          X