Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get my feet wet with sump pump?

Guys,

I have ZERO experience with sump pumps, just what I've read here on the forum.

I've been given a referal to do quarterly service and repair as needed on a 20,000 gallon pit with 2x 20hp and 1x 71/2 gallon pumps. Have not checked out jobsite yet or called, just wondering whats involved. Work is work and enjoy adding services but don't want to get in over my head, meaning at critical time don't want to screw up from lack of experience. It would seem I can get acclimated now without the rain season on us, research and get comfortable. My world is residential service, drain and remodel only.

Thanks for any advice

wookie

Re: Get my feet wet with sump pump?

wookie, chances are you're not setup to work on this big system.

the pumps are probably on a rail system and you don't physically need to disconnect and lift like on a normal pump.

but a 20hp pump could weigh 500-1000# you still need to jack these up to service and clean. so unless there's a winch and rail, your up the creek.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, I had no clue.

wookie

Comment

You can use a chain fall thats set up on a piece of 1-1/2" Galvy / Black thats on two ridgid tristand vices to lift em out...
        Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
        Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Working...
        X