Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small jetter

Ok
    Need small jetter for residential nothing over 4" and lite ti work.
    So far Spartan 717 and generals j-1450 are at top of list.
    Anybody have used either?
    Spartan on sale on line for 2100.oo for august only,and general about the same.
    Thx

Re: Small jetter

I bought a pressure washer to jetter outfit from amazing machinery. Two hundred seventy nine dollers. Great quality. Works fine
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

my electric jetters are 2hp. 1500psi 2.1 gpm.

2'' pipe is the norm for it. anything larger is like pissing into the line.

electric is nice indoors when you can't run a jumper hose from outside in, but it's not near as powerful as a gas or diesel unit.

of course you could get a 240 volt unit that will do what you need, but then it's not plug and play.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        my electric jetters are 2hp. 1500psi 2.1 gpm.

2'' pipe is the norm for it. anything larger is like pissing into the line.

electric is nice indoors when you can't run a jumper hose from outside in, but it's not near as powerful as a gas or diesel unit.

of course you could get a 240 volt unit that will do what you need, but then it's not plug and play.

rick.
        Specs say up to six inches on the Spartan 717 but I only need up to 4 inch is this a waste of money?thinking would b a nice setup for cast shower traps and kitchen lines,after the k 60 and camera.if has anybody tried on 4 inch?

Comment

either will do nicely in 2"

both are undersized for 3" or 4"

you can put together a jetter with these specs much cheaper.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Pardon the intrusion into the Pro's forum...
            I admittedly don't know diddly about sewer work, but I do know more than my fair share about pressure washers. And I know I can build a small gasoline driven jetter spec'd at 7HP, 3100PSI @ 2.7GPM for right around $750 - $775 retail. A bit more if you want a pulse valve, but still far, far less than most of the little bitty electrics. And that's for a good one. If you want to cut corners by using an axial cam pump, it can be done for about $200 less. And I suspect it would be more than sufficient for your 4".
            "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
              I admittedly don't know diddly about sewer work, but I do know more than my fair share about pressure washers. And I know I can build a small gasoline driven jetter spec'd at 7HP, 3100PSI @ 2.7GPM for right around $750 - $775 retail. A bit more if you want a pulse valve, but still far, far less than most of the little bitty electrics. And that's for a good one. If you want to cut corners by using an axial cam pump, it can be done for about $200 less. And I suspect it would be more than sufficient for your 4".
              Thx for the reply.... Not interested in building a jetter or gas jetter at that.I prefer to keep things simple and buy something tried and true,just trying to offer the next step for my customer if needed(jetting) the main use would b indoor secondary drains/ traps 1.5 and 2 inch branch lines and three inch main to tap all under 100 ft.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                2.7 gpm is inadequate for 4", but thanks for the input. several of us build our own jetters and could benefit from your expertise in that area.

Are you familiar with rapid reel? I have an older model and like it. They've changed since I bought that one. I'm about to buy one of their newer ones for a new machine? any comments?
                Last edited by Ace Sewer; 08-08-2011, 11:29 PM.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by LThompson View Post
                  Thx for the reply.... Not interested in building a jetter or gas jetter at that.I prefer to keep things simple and buy something tried and true,just trying to offer the next step for my customer if needed(jetting) the main use would b indoor secondary drains/ traps 1.5 and 2 inch branch lines and three inch main to tap all under 100 ft.

either will work for that, but they are big, heavy and overpriced. all, including the one i list below, are really undersized for 3". You could do a decnt job with them, but it would be tedious and time consuming, checking with camera, etc. with 4 gpm 3" is a no brainer. I use 5.5 gpm on 3 and 4 inch lines. But at those flows you are into gas.

I like this PWMall-AR610-AR Blue Clean 1350/1800 PSI Electric Pressure Washer 2.1GPM, 115V for 1.5 and 2" lines. cheap, durable, one handed carry, won't trip a 15A breaker.

You'll find jetting galvy or any type of pipe with threaded connections difficult to get around more than one or 2 bends, so if you see a lot of that it may not be the way to go for you. Here I see mostly abs, pvc, and cinh. works great in abs and pvc. works darn well in cinh but a bit more difficult to get as much distance.

hose is key. I use exitflex, sold by harben as 'micro mini' and also by us jetting. properly sized nozzles are also key.

You can put together a package with the little jetter above, 100' of exitflex, a couple nozzles, and some fittings to make it all hook up for about $1k.
                  Last edited by Ace Sewer; 08-08-2011, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I've never had much luck using a jetter on anything smaller than 3". The hose won't navigate through fittings and then there's the god awful mess that it makes so using it on say a shower drain requires a whole lot of prep to make sure you don't trash the customers bathroom. Personally, even for larger stuff, I try damn hard to only use the jetter outside where the mess is not such an issue. Get yourself a K60 and an arsenal of cables and bits and you will be far better off. I think that for large stuff and commercial use a good jetter is a necessity but honestly I have never HAD to use one for anything residential.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think our different experience probably has a lot to do with being in different parts of the country where bulidings were built at different times, possibly due to different hose. 2" abs or pvc is cake for me, but galvy is very difficult. I but you run into a lot more galvanized pipe than I do.

I rarely jet showers and tubs, because they are usually hair clogs and a cable does better at grabbing the hair. Occaisionally I see them with cinh where the problem is piles of scale, and the jetter is better for that.

as for mess, I find the jetter to be cleaner. On sinks, I pull the trap and catch the water in a bucket under the roughin. very clean, easy, and controlled. for the occaisional tub or shower, I just let it fill the tub or shower, then wash it down after... it's not a problem. A quick scrub with a 3m pad and some dishwasher crystals cleans it right up.

I could do sinks with a cable, but in general I find the jetter faster, cleaner, and does a better job, especially on kitchen sinks where the problem is long term grease buildup.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                        Are you familiar with rapid reel? I have an older model and like it. They've changed since I bought that one. I'm about to buy one of their newer ones for a new machine? any comments?
                        I'm partial to Cox reels, but they tend to be a bit pricey. I have used rapid reel, but only for low pressure applications. I've got no experience with their high pressure stuff, but their low pressure reels seem good quality with a good warranty.
                        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          I've never had much luck using a jetter on anything smaller than 3". The hose won't navigate through fittings and then there's the god awful mess that it makes so using it on say a shower drain requires a whole lot of prep to make sure you don't trash the customers bathroom. Personally, even for larger stuff, I try damn hard to only use the jetter outside where the mess is not such an issue. Get yourself a K60 and an arsenal of cables and bits and you will be far better off. I think that for large stuff and commercial use a good jetter is a necessity but honestly I have never HAD to use one for anything residential.
                          Got the k60 and cutters works great. Never even used a jetter but spend alot of time looking at jetting equipment for some reason unknown.

Comment

There is a ridgid 1250 on ebay for $900 .Dont know how that would work on 4".... I have the Ridgid 3000 and it kills 4" Cast or PVC.
                            You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

the 1250 was discontinued years ago for a reason.

the 1350 is a 1.5hp. 1350psi x 1.4 gpm machine.

honestly, drink a 6 pack of beer and piss in the line. it's about the same thing.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X