NFPA table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFPA table

Does anyone have a copy of the 2009 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code Table 6.2? My CPC 2010 table 12-25 only goes up to 2" and I'm looking for sizes up to 4".

Re: NFPA table

Couldn't find that table you specified but here's a link to 2009 National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54)

(NFPA 54 starts about a third of the way down the link)

http://bulk.resource.org/codes.gov/w...nical.2009.pdf

Comment

Thanks Bill. I found the table. Unfortunately, it only goes up to 2", just like CPC Table 12-28. Guess they don't care what we put in 3" and 4" PE.
      Scott

Comment

I have the 2009 gas code and I also only see 2" max diameter for table 6.2. However, if you go to Annex C5 - Use of Sizing Equations - there is a formula there for smooth wall pipe which should apply to PE pipe. The formula looks scary - I did make a Excel spreadsheet to compute pressure drop for a system in order to figure out how to size the piping using that formula. I would think you can use the formula too and get the info you want. I don't really care for the tables - they are convenient but are more approximate.

Comment

Just a thought from a dumb carpenter. Can You get a printout from PG@E ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X